Global VP of People
People & Culture /
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
This role is remote for the remainder of 2020, & until it is safe to return to the office.
The key mission of this Sydney based role is to lead the translation of Deputy’s business strategy into intentional, thoughtful and innovative people programs, processes, initiatives and tooling that enables and empowers our people to do the best work of their careers.
This leader will help cultivate an innovative and high performance workplace where diverse perspectives are embraced and first-principles thinking is encouraged.
WHAT & WHY DEPUTY:
There are literally millions of workers and businesses clamouring for a technology-based solution to bring the mundane tasks associated with work and scheduling into the modern world.
Deputy is changing all of that. Deputy provides a single, convenient application to handle shift scheduling, time & pay, tasking, and communication – a huge boon for managers and employees alike.
Deputy frees people from the mundane. When freed from the mundane, people excel at what they do. Businesses grow. They employ more people. More people get to put food on the table for their family. The socioeconomic impact of Deputy is truly rewarding.
Learn more on why Deputy : https://www.deputy.com/why-deputy
Some stats about Deputy:
- 200,000+ workplaces run on Deputy
- 20,000+ customers
- Nearly one million shift workers
- 110 countries 200 global employees in four countries
- NPS of 62+
- ACV ranges from $500 up to $1M+ (all on one platform)
- Set People Vision and Strategy: Collaborate with the Executive team to design and implement an inclusive People strategy to drive employee experience and performance globally across the employee lifecycle. Scale and embed our values into the fabric of our culture and our ways of working and leading.
- Build the People Team: Lead, empower and grow our People team to execute effectively against clearly stated goals and create and foster a matrix of talent excellence where People team members grow and thrive through their work and empowerment of others.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Focus on developing a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture through the development of culture initiatives which increase diversity of thought, perspectives and working. Work with employees at all levels to develop inclusive thinking and to address inclusion needs.
- Communications and Transparency: Develop continual and coordinated messaging and/or internal marketing campaigns that pulls together the “why”, our strategy, and program work to deliver an impactful story to our people that truly delivers on our dedication to unleash the potential of our Deputies.
- People Data and Insights: Work with your team to build out People data insights and analytics that inform decisions regarding headcount growth and structure, organisational performance, attrition, retention, productivity and employee engagement
- Learning and Capability Development: Build scalable learning and organisational development experiences aimed at growing our global capabilities and drive employee retention and growth. Embed learning and growth opportunities within the fabric of our Deputy culture and inclusive working environment.
- Leadership Effectiveness: Drive leadership development and effectiveness across all teams, aligned with business strategy. Drive scalable solutions to make our leaders (many first time) better managers. Provide coaching and feedback to our existing leadership team and develop programs that prepare high-potential employees for people/functional management and leadership.
- Performance Management, Rewards and Recognition: Implement and activate a new talent philosophy to raise the bar on performance, drive differentiation, and ensure people leader accountability for talent management. Kick-start the transformation of our performance management methodology and programs including goal setting, quarterly growth/impact/goal conversations, our continuous feedback approach, critical role, and critical talent identification, and succession planning. Redesign total rewards strategy to ensure compensation aligns to our talent strategy and philosophy.
- Talent Acquisition: Partner with Talent Acquisition leader (and team) to recruit top talent aligned to our workforce plans and objectives. Design “employer of choice” branding and communication initiatives to increase brand awareness.
- Policies and Processes: Design and craft processes such as onboarding, performance management, talent review, career management, and succession planning to ensure they are fact based and aligned with the ongoing strategic objectives of our business.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & CHARACTERISTICS
- You likely have 15+ years of strategic HR/OD/TM experience, gained in innovative high-tech growth companies with outstanding talent practices. You have experience managing a global team and supporting a global business.
- Humbitious: Humility is the number #1 value of Deputy. Yet we are still ambitious.
- Ethically Grounded: Strong ethics and good character is a must. Advancing virtuous vision / company values.
- Strategic thinker with strong execution capabilities: This is a hand-on leadership role requiring building and developing capabilities in a high growth setting with a small, but high performing team.
- People Focused: You are an ‘employee first’ leader and a megaphone for upholding our company values and culture. You are approachable and Deputies actively seek you out to share feedback and get advice. If a Deputy has an issue, they are comfortable raising it directly with you.
- Global Leadership: You have experience leading a global team(s) and considerable experience leading large-scale, complex change and transformation
- Commercial Mindset: You have a successful track record building, implementing, and sustaining key talent management initiatives and showing direct, positive linkages to the achievement of business strategy
- Ability to navigate a fast growth company: You are highly resourceful and able to lead through influence. In past roles, you have demonstrated organisational savviness, effective execution skills (strategy through implementation) and executive presence. You are effective at sharing ideas and information with peers and business leaders globally
- Business Partner: You have a clear track record of being a partner to managers across a variety of functional areas as well as demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and staff
- Self-directed: You are a leader with experience at designing and rapidly implementing new tools and processes and ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
- Problem Solver: You enjoy solving problems and apply a strategic lens to process mapping, task management, and execution
- Change Driver: You are able to influence and drive change with management teams and across startup and scaleup organisations, aligning people strategy with values and business outcomes
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options - Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Deputy Toastmasters Club
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
- Food/ Drinks/ Snacks
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now