Enterprise Account Executive
Business Development & Sales /
Descartes Labs helps organizations whose success depends on the scientific analysis of observable, physical world events. We are the leading provider of geospatial analytics that create actionable intelligence by strengthening our customers’ proprietary data with models of the earth. Our solutions create new sources of environmental sustainability and operational advantage and foresight for agriculture, CPG, mining, and government users by combining machine intelligence and domain expertise into a complete operational solution.
Descartes Labs is proud to be a remote-first, deliberately distributed organization that recognizes that people have different needs and motivations for building a life and career that matters and works for them. For this reason, we are open to our employees working from any location, in a way that enhances their well-being, productivity, and role. We focus on helping our employees produce positive outcomes and we recognize that the path to getting there will look different for different people.
Descartes Labs is looking for a talented Enterprise Account Executive to help us identify a vision with our customers and grow these relationships. This role is a compelling blend of sales development and strategy, combined with extensive exposure to cutting edge machine learning and geospatial technologies. You must be driven and ready to explore a huge variety of new industries and subjects which will span global supply chains, space and satellite technology, applied science, data fusion, machine learning, and fundamental and quantitative trading systems.
For a number of accounts you will develop a co-owned vision that will help the customer execute against their digital transformation efforts, and important and strategic financial goals. You will identify and make progress by collaborating with internal teams, making sure that we execute on all facets in order to achieve account vision and growth. You will own account revenue growth targets, the full up-sell process (contracting, pricing, etc.), and customer executive relationships.
- Identify and articulate significant vision for an account and how it aligns with the Company’s vision and goals
- Be committed and driven by the targets against this vision (revenue targets, product goals, user goals, etc.)
- Present to, engage, and understand senior executives; speak the language of the customer and understand their culture
- Take a long-term vision and demonstrate measurable progress
- Exercise discretion and independent decision-making in regard to matters of significance with internal teams and external contract relationships
What You Bring
- Business-minded education in a relevant industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and relationship-building skills
- Experience creating revenue or driving PNL at a client company
- Ability to sell complex solutions to enterprise and strategic customers with a consistent record of overachieving on sales targets
- Experience in strategic account ownership with measurable revenue results
- Well-developed contacts in either agriculture, CPG, or mining is a nice to have
- Comfortable in a startup environment
Who You Are
- Curious. You are always exploring and experimenting, interested in why and how, seeking not only to understand but to make work and the world better. You enthusiastically share your learning with others and actively seek information and knowledge.
- Conscientious. You are determined, always keep your promises, and are forward thinking. Principled and integrous, you take your commitments seriously.
- Humble. Unpretentious and self-aware, you cultivate compassion for others and take responsibility for your mistakes. Egoes are barriers to doing the best work and always learning.
- Open and Inclusive. You are receptive and interested in new ideas and perspectives, even when those perspectives don’t agree with your views. You value and respect difference and create ways for all people to contribute to the organization.
- Collaborative. You know it takes a team to get anything accomplished and you actively and inclusively work across the organization. You listen intently and openly and are always focused first on creating the best results.
- Adaptable. You are able to navigate changing circumstances and environments with ease and approach uncertainty with enthusiasm, while inspiring others towards effective goal setting and accomplishment.
Our Interview Process
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call with one of our recruiters
- Depending on the outcome of the screening call, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45-minute call with a member of our sales team
- Next, candidates will be scheduled for 3, virtual 60-minute interviews with cross-disciplinary stakeholders within the organization
- Finally, candidates are invited to a virtual interview with the Sales hiring manager
Top Reasons to Work at Descartes Labs
- We pride collaboration over ownership, iteration over perfection, principles over rules, and discussion over directives
- We’re using the world’s top technology to solve the world’s largest problems with a strong focus on sustainability, environment, and impact science
- We look at Descartes Labs as a work environment where people are included, treat their colleagues with professional regard and respect, and thrive as a result
- We’re a highly collaborative company that constantly promotes success through teamwork
- We strongly encourage and enjoy a flexible work environmentDescartes Labs offers a generous compensation package including competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401K plan; paid holidays and paid time off
You belong here! If your experience and interests match with some of the above, we want you to apply. Nobody is an expert on all or even parts of our stack. When you join our team you will deepen and widen your knowledge as you grow with us over the next few years.
Descartes Labs is committed to building a diverse community and we embrace equal opportunity in a serious way. We strive to be a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Scientific discovery is in our DNA and the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be; diversity fuels innovation!
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates during all aspects of our interview process.