Software Engineering Internship
Santa Fe, NM
At Descartes Labs, we are building a platform to process and analyze petabyte-scale remote sensing data. Our engineering team uses cutting-edge technology to enable scientists to solve planetary-scale problems through statistical and machine learning models. We are seeking three exceptional students with experience across our stack for a three-month paid internship at Descartes Labs’ headquarters in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Over the summer, you will work with our engineering team, who come from backgrounds in high-performance and cloud computing, distributed systems, and parallel programming. As an intern, you will contribute meaningful code to our platform, learn new technology, and work in an agile development environment. At the end of the summer, you will share your contributions to the broader engineering team and learn more about future career opportunities at Descartes Labs.
- Help to develop our cloud-based platform to process, query, access, and manipulate satellite imagery.
- Learn to develop highly optimized, scalable, redundant, and distributed software.
- Integrate with Descartes Labs’ core analytics and mapping engines.
- Be a part of data access solutions to optimally store, cache and retrieve data.
- Work with DevOps on branching, deployment, production monitoring, and scalability.
- Learn new algorithms for highly concurrent computations.
- Create advanced geospatial data visualization capabilities.
Our Technology Stack
- Python (Flask, NumPy, scipy)
- Kubernetes, Istio, Bazel, Spinnaker
- Google Cloud Platform
- Microservice architecture, RESTful web services, OpenAPI
- Elasticsearch, Redis, PostgreSQL, Datastore, BigQuery
- Git, Bazel, Drone and Spinnaker
- GDAL, S2, Proj4
If you are currently scheduled to complete a degree program prior to December 2020 and your experiences and interests match with some of the above, we want you to apply! Nobody is an expert on all parts of our stack. When you join our team, you will have opportunities to deepen and widen your knowledge base, as well as hopefully teach us a few things too!
Descartes Labs embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.