Product Manager - Platform
Santa Fe, NM
We are building a cloud-based platform that enables scientists, data analysts, and developers to build machine learning and computer vision models using petabytes of geospatial data. Our platform empowers users to run analyses across vast spatial and temporal extents. As a Platform Product Manager you will help us execute our strategy and roadmap in building a platform for users to use geospatial data in global scale analysis.
You will be the product manager for running computation on our platform. The primary responsibility for this position is to make decisions. You will establish who your customers are, how to support their needs, how to bring your products to market, and how to improve your products. You will need to communicate with both internal and external stakeholders to solicit ideas and feedback, as well as to keep them informed and engaged about upcoming work.
You should have experience managing a technical software product. We use scrum when building our software so it would be helpful if you have experience working in an agile environment. Our users use Python APIs to work with our platform so being able to write Python is needed to understand their workflows and questions. An understanding of cloud architecture would help you work with engineering on developing Compute capabilities for the platform. Familiarity in working with enterprise customers is also important. Existing knowledge of geospatial data would be useful but is something that can be learned on the job.
- Identify and analyze new features, bugs, and use cases to determine value and priority
- Partner with engineering to deliver new features to market with the appropriate trade-offs between features and speed-to-launch
- Use data to determine the value and effectiveness of your products
- Work with sales and marketing to help them market and sell your products
- Develop a strong understanding of all types of geospatial data and analysis
- Ownership of product roadmap and business justification
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience managing a technical software product
- Experience working using agile development methodologies
- Experience working with on major cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience working with enterprise customers
- Experience working with geospatial data helpful but not required