Engineering Manager - Compute
Santa Fe, NM
Our technology empowers geographers, remote sensing specialists, and data analysts to understand the dynamics of our planet. Massive troves of geospatial data are inspiring, but without the tools to glean information from every pixel, our customers can’t be part of the data revolution.
As an engineering manager, you will use a strong understanding of concurrency, data modeling, and distributed computing to lead a team to design, build and maintain scalable services. As a member of our team, you will develop software to support advances in earth science and prediction to unlock valuable insights.
Your contributions will span many layers, including cloud infrastructure, API endpoints, and client libraries that enable our customers to apply machine & deep learning techniques to petascale earth observation data.
- Focus on hiring and developing an incredible team
- Implement process or development standards that accelerates the team
- Foster a healthy and collaborative environment
- Define and measure engineering metrics, and find mechanisms to improve them
- Python, C++, Rust, Go
- Tensorflow, Flask, NumPy and SciPy
- Kubernetes, Istio
- Google Cloud Platform
- Microservice architecture, GRPC
- Firestore, Elasticsearch, Redis
- Git, Bazel, Drone and Spinnaker
- GDAL, S2, Proj4
- Collaboration over ownership
- Iteration over perfection
- Principles over rules
- Discussion over directives
- 3 or more years of experience in a technical leadership position
- Experience in attracting, hiring, and mentoring developers
- Production experience with highly scalable distributed systems in a cloud environment
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field
- Experience working with remote team members
Descartes Labs embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.