Strategic Sales Executive
Business Development & Sales /
Descartes Labs is the first company to offer a geospatial data refinery that combines a highly scalable processing and modeling platform with a multi-petabyte library of public and private data for building predictive models. Our talented team of scientists are recognized leaders in the field, helping enterprise customers create competitive advantage through scientifically validated analytics. We serve hundreds of global companies, governments, and impact organizations around the world - across industries that include agriculture, mining and metals, oil and gas, shipping and logistics, power and renewables, insurance, and more. Customers rely on the Descartes Labs Platform to quickly and securely scale computer vision, statistical, and machine learning models to inform business decisions with powerful raster-based analytics.
Diverse problems require a diverse group of individuals and mindsets which is why we strive to build an inclusive culture and community. We strive to empower our teams to tackle the world’s largest problems for good and for profit. Join us at Descartes Labs where we’re helping people see the world in a different way.
We’re headquartered in Santa Fe, New Mexico and have offices in New York, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Minneapolis, and Denver.
As a Sales Executive you will envision, create, and execute the building of an ecosystem of partnerships across the mining and energy, remote-sensing and machine learning markets. We need an executive-level set of experiences and skills, start-up attitude, and a clear vision for building a set of relationships that propel our company to the next level.
- Evaluate strategic opportunities, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses across international agriculture and commodities markets, as well as satellite, weather, and other data suppliers
- Work with both Product and Sales teams to drive product partnerships and influence product roadmaps
- Lead contract negotiations to establish a strong working partnership grounded on sustainable economics for both parties
- Source innovative relationships with individuals and corporations to access data including ground truth and sensor data inputs
- Drive revenue generation and build the partner network by prospecting, qualifying, and closing new partnerships
- Develop strong relationships with key partners that fit into our go-to-market strategy
- Support the deal process from relationship building and due diligence, all the way through post-contract signing integration
- Help to foster a healthy and collaborative environment
What You Bring:
- 7-10+ years of experience in consultative or large enterprise software sales and business development
- A history of building a robust sales pipeline and exceeding targets
- Strong use of insights and data-driven decision making
- Start-up hustle and passion for our mission
- Solid understanding of a variety of business models
- Extremely proactive, self-starter mentality with strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and provide comprehensive solutions for varying partner needs
- Ability to thrive under pressure in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
- Passion for the world of predictive analytics, and machine learning for remote sensing in particular
Links To Recent Press:
- Washington Post: Newly released satellite data reveals the patterns of record warmth in 2019
- LA Times: California Wildfire Map: Active Fires
- Washington Post: Fantastic Fall Foliage and Where to Find it
- WIRED: Every State Should Monitor Methane to Meet Climate Goals
- Medium: Thunder From the Cloud: 40,000 Cores Running in Concert on AWS
- Fortune: These 100 Companies are Leading the way in A.I.
- TechBeacon: How Descartes Labs achieved safe, mission-critical continuous delivery
Top Reasons To Work At Descartes Labs:
- We pride collaboration over ownership, iteration over perfection, principles over rules, and discussion over directives
- We’re using the world’s top technology to solve the world’s largest problems with a strong focus on sustainability, environment, and impact science
- We look at Descartes Labs as a work environment where people are included, treat their colleagues with professional regard and respect, and thrive as a result
- We’re a highly collaborative company that constantly promotes success through teamwork
- We strongly encourage and enjoy a flexible work environment
- Descartes Labs offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401K plan; paid holidays and flexible paid time off
If your experience and interests match with some of the above, we want you to apply! Nobody is an expert on all or even any parts of our stack. When you join our team, you will deepen and widen your knowledge as you grow with us over the next few years.
Descartes Labs embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.