Santa Fe, NM
Descartes Labs is looking for a talented and driven Solutions Manager to join us as a member of the rapidly growing Product Team. You should have a passion for creating client value, cutting edge technology and the world of big data. This position will be based in Santa Fe. It offers the opportunity to help industry-leading companies embark upon the journey to digitization. You will work directly with our largest clients to drive change within their organizations. In this role, you will coordinate with other departments such as product, sales, science and engineering teams to become an expert in both our clients’ businesses and our industry-leading technology. You will lead client engagements and cross-functional teams to ensure that projects are successful. You will also drive the vision of the future for how our products change our clients’ industries. If you are excited about the opportunity to accelerate and help shape the rapid growth of an industry pioneer, this may be time and opportunity for you.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Independently manage complex client implementation projects from scoping to delivery. Lead internal project teams effectively and efficiently.
- Act as an expert on the Descartes Labs customer and intimately understand customer needs and requirements.
- Build and develop relationships with current and prospective customers.
- Be quantitative; let the data guide and course correct your efforts.
- Be an expert in the art of the possible, and use that knowledge to work with the business development team to drive new business.
- Be independent; pitch in when needed but not asked for.
- As a member of the product team, continue to drive excellence in the problems we solve and how we solve them.
- 5+ years experience in commercial business with experience working with external clients, managing projects and delivering on contracts.
- Ability to understand the customer need and translate that need into both a sales proposition and product requirements.
- Ability to analyze a business and a history of discovering new opportunities.
- Experience leading diverse teams from different company divisions.
- Success working independently and with little oversight
- Ability to manage a diverse set of clients and projects at the same time.
- Detail oriented, able to manage a portfolio of projects, customers and tasks at a given time.
- Results driven, able to adapt to unforeseen challenges to achieve successful outcomes.
- Strong presence and written communications skills.
- Strong listening and presentation skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and details
- Industry experience in mining and oil and gas sectors, specifically around exploration.