Government Programs Manager
The Government Program Manager owns direct customer relationships with Descartes Labs’ government clients – who span both DoD/IC and the civilian sector. This includes principally management of specific projects. It also includes supporting the sales team by identifying new opportunities adjacent to existing projects and clients and contributing to the sales process. The Government Program Manager will also contribute to marketing and communication efforts for the government market.
Who You Are:
The right person has successfully developed and managed direct customer relationships and understands the inner workings of agencies spanning the defense and civilian sides of the United States government. Specific knowledge of NGA, NRO, and USDA is a big plus. Additionally, s/he understands the satellite and remote sensing technology landscape and the needs and mindsets of consumers of satellite imagery (and derived analytics) in government.
- The ideal candidate will have a positive reputation in the relevant government agencies.
- This person will be able to quickly master both the technical nuances of how the Descartes Labs platform works and become a true partner for our government clients, helping them understand opportunities and respond with forward looking solutions.
- This person has a strong command of government research projects relating to satellite and remote sensing technology, has the ability to guide and lead complex government projects with multiple stakeholders over the lifetime of the relationship.
- The Government Program Manager must be a product and platform expert with strong technical command and an analytical outlook.
- Develop a deep understanding of Descartes Lab’s technology
- Partner with cross functional teams at Descartes Labs - across Sales, Engineering, and Product Management - to achieve project and client relationship goals
- Handle day to day requests and customer issues thoughtfully and quickly, soliciting feedback while maintaining a strong sense of Descartes Labs broader priorities
- Outstanding communication skills, building scalable resources and best practices to train and service customers and end users
- Responsible for key customer success metrics, including project performance indicators, account churn, growth, and renewals
- Come up with creative approaches to satisfy data/analyses needs