Santa Fe, NM or San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
Business Development & Sales
Responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales operations organization through the development and management of critical functions. This role will review and optimize existing processes around the sales, account management and marketing support functions and provide strategic direction and process enhancement for those teams in addition to ongoing oversight.
- Design and implement new processes and tools and provide leadership over pricing, quota and compensation management, sales planning, marketing operations and salesforce development.
- Responsible for developing and implementing pricing strategies and techniques for Descartes Labs vertical markets and solutions. Drive revenue growth by applying sound pricing methodologies and governance to the sales delivery process. Understand and address systematic risks that may weaken the integrity of pricing quotes, formulas and tables.
- Drive high caliber planning processes related to sales pipeline and forecasting. Coordinate cross functionally to meet sales planning objectives aligned with the overall company strategy.
- Lead efforts around reports, dashboards, and other materials that support the productivity of the salesforce.
- Lead technology optimization efforts to deliver accurate data synchronization between Hubspot, Salesforce.com and Descartes Labs proprietary platform.
- Act as CRM, SME, and administrator for the company.
- Provide leadership in defining, mapping and documenting key sales, marketing and account management processes.
- Play a key role in sales incentive plan management. Partner internally to develop salesforce quotas.
- Drive ongoing training and communication efforts across the sales organization relating to Descartes Labs strategic direction, forecasting, financials, pricing methodology, and sales processes and objectives. Similarly, support the on-boarding of new sales employees in their immersion into the organization.
Partners with Marketing to:
- Optimizes all business processes and workflows for B2B marketing and sales to drive velocity.
- Implement lead scoring and distribution methodology to ensure quality leads are passed to sales development for qualification and for increasing efficiencies and conversion rates.
- Segment and leverage the marketing database for greater campaign efficiency and effectiveness.
- Build templates to enable marketing to operate best-in-class campaigns.
- Build sales playbooks/templates to enable sales and account management process optimization and delivery of services.
- Troubleshoot and QA campaigns, workflows, data issues and other key marketing ops functions.
- Analyze data and provide recommendations for marketing effectiveness.
- Define business analytics and create dashboards and reports to support the business, sales & marketing operations and measure all aspects of our marketing lead generation engine: database cleanliness, campaign effectiveness, pipeline contribution, overall business performance.
- Build a marketing analytics program that helps us understand our business and drive net new opportunities.
- Leverage CRM to lead campaign & program tracking and analysis.
- Track ROI of marketing activities to ensure effectiveness and continued investment
Partners with Finance to:
- Implement reporting and perform analysis to improve velocity of the business, marketing and sales processes.
- Implement and manage the tracking of and reporting out on all business metrics and KPIs.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Sales Operations role or similar position.
- Experience in business analytics, background in SaaS or AI desired.
- Advanced user of marketing automation systems, ideally Hubspot.
- System Administration experience using Salesforce.com or equivalent.
- Experience in software or high-tech marketing/sales.
- Understanding of data mining, data warehousing, business intelligence and lead management processes and technologies.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate complex data sets to concrete business recommendations for marketing and sales leadership with the goal to optimize revenue generating investments.
- Advanced user of Microsoft excel and PowerPoint and/or Google Docs.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, presentation.
- Innovative, motivated, organized, high energy team player.
- Process and quality orientation with attention to detail