Federal Infrastructure Engineer
Albuquerque, NM or Washington, D.C. /
We need a backend infrastructure engineer with strong micro-services and Kubernetes experience. We built a supercomputer in the cloud that currently ingests 10 Terabytes of near real-time geospatial data per day. Our micro-services based platform is developed from the ground up cloud-native, and we see a peak load of nearly billion API calls a day. We aim to supercharge machine learning scientists to ask geospatial and temporal questions not previously possible to understand the changing physical world better.
- Lead the charge for resolving issues in our production, test and dev environments
- Help test and optimize our API’s which encompass our geospatial analytics platform.
- Work closely and collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our cloud processing pipeline
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations
Required Skills & Experience
- Production workload experience with Kubernetes or distributed systems
- Real-world experience with automation & configuration management (Terraform)
- Experience with modern build systems and CI/CD pipelines (Spinnaker, Drone, Jenkins, etc)
- Strong familiarity with cloud systems (Google Cloud/AWS) and cloud infrastructure
- Proficiency with Linux systems
- Experience with NoSQL or other scalable data stores
- Strong Python experience
- Understanding of best practices for large-scale always-available web services
- An active TS/SCI clearance, or TS/SCI clearable
- Must be a United States citizen or lawful permanent resident
Descartes Labs embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.