Product Manager - Data Products
Santa Fe, NM
Are you passionate about leveraging geospatial data to help solve some of the world’s most pressing and challenging scientific questions? Descartes Labs is developing a family of products that translate observations from satellites, drones and land based sensors into actionable insights to help large enterprises manage their complex supply chains. In this role, you’ll be the voice of the customer for our logistics vertical and own the product roadmap and execution for it with a scope expanding over time into other verticals.
- Conduct market research, competitive analysis and translate customer needs into product requirements and make sure that everyone on the development teams knows the customers’ needs and your intent for the product
- Work closely with the development team on specifications and making decisions about implementation to make best use of available resources to meet customer needs
- Work with sales, marketing and customer support in defining collateral to help them succeed and incorporate their feedback into planning efforts.
- Gain an understanding of our data and technology stack and identify how we can use them to better meet customer needs
- Communicate in detail the requirements and technical trade-offs with Applied Science and Engineering leads
- Manage a well-groomed backlog and make sure goals/priorities are well understood by the team, identify and address schedule risks for predictable product delivery timelines
- Demonstrate iterative, agile development practices and adapt to changing market needs, new data sources and competitive landscape
Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience doing product management associated with information products or data analysis tools preferably rolling out solutions for supply chain logistics, transportation, asset monitoring, industrial production forecasting, oil & gas, mining or similar
- Demonstrated ability and eagerness to adapt and to quickly expand into new verticals as necessary
- Self-motivated and driven to get results, nimble in formulating solution in a fast-paced environment
- Statistics, Econometrics, Engineering, Computer Science degree or equivalent technical experience sufficient to be credible with customers and applied scientist peers