Business Development & Sales /
Descartes Labs is the first company to offer a geospatial data refinery that combines a highly scalable processing and modeling platform with a multi-petabyte library of public and private data for building predictive models. Our talented team of scientists are recognized leaders in the field, helping enterprise customers create competitive advantage through scientifically validated analytics. We serve hundreds of global companies, governments, and impact organizations around the world - across industries that include agriculture, mining and metals, oil and gas, shipping and logistics, power and renewables, insurance, and more. Customers rely on the Descartes Labs Platform to quickly and securely scale computer vision, statistical, and machine learning models to inform business decisions with powerful raster-based analytics.
Diverse data sets and problems require a diverse group of individuals and mindsets which is why we strive to build an inclusive culture and community. Our mission is to enable and empower our team to tackle the world’s largest problems for good and for profit. Join us at Descartes Labs where we’re helping people see the world in a different way.
We’re headquartered in Santa Fe, New Mexico and have offices in New York, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Minneapolis, and Denver.
As a Sales Engineer, you will partner with Sales Executives to drive growth at Descartes Labs. You will lead sales engagements by demonstrating the technical and business value that our products and services capture.
- Build and deliver presentations and product demonstrations that highlight the unique capabilities of our software and services
- Lead technical discovery by identifying key business problems and translating them into technical solutions
- Work with cross functional teams (Customer Success, Product, Engineering) to scope and define potential engagements
- Attain company-wide revenue metrics as assigned by management
- Be a force for acceleration in our sales process
- Coordinate with cross functional stakeholders and lead the coordination of the contract scoping process including feasibility, crafting proposals, responding to RFPs and deal desk
- Travel and attend relevant industry events and prospective client meetings (+50% anticipated)
- Help to foster a healthy and collaborative environment
What You Bring:
- 5 or more years of experience in a Sales Engineering role, preferably within the Data Analytics space
- Strong experience working with a sales team in a start-up environment
- Intermediate programming skills with Python
- Experience with cloud computing and microservices architecture
- Geospatial and remote sensing experience, relevant software (GDAL, Esri/ArcGIS, Google Earth Engine)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Remote Sensing, or similar
- Strong written, listening, and presentation skills
- Experience with Hubspot, Salesforce or equivalent CRM system
Our Interview Process:
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call with one of our recruiters
- Depending on the outcome of the screening call, candidates will be invited to schedule a 60 minute interview with our Hiring Manager
- After that, candidates will be invited to schedule a 60 minute technical interview with a member of our team
- Finally, candidates are invited to interview onsite in Santa Fe with 5 members of the Customer Success, Sales, and Product teams
Links To Recent Press:
- Washington Post: Newly released satellite data reveals the patterns of record warmth in 2019
- LA Times: California Wildfire Map: Active Fires
- Washington Post: Fantastic Fall Foliage and Where to Find it
- WIRED: Every State Should Monitor Methane to Meet Climate Goals
- Medium: Thunder From the Cloud: 40,000 Cores Running in Concert on AWS
- Fortune: These 100 Companies are Leading the way in A.I.
- TechBeacon: How Descartes Labs achieved safe, mission-critical continuous delivery
Top Reasons To Work At Descartes Labs:
- We pride collaboration over ownership, iteration over perfection, principles over rules, and discussion over directives
- We’re using the world’s top technology to solve the world’s largest problems with a strong focus on sustainability, environment, and impact science
- We look at Descartes Labs as a work environment where people are included, treat their colleagues with professional regard and respect, and thrive as a result
- We’re a highly collaborative company that constantly promotes success through teamwork
- We strongly encourage and enjoy a flexible work environment
- Descartes Labs offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401K plan; paid holidays and flexible paid time off
If your experience and interests match with some of the above, we want you to apply! Nobody is an expert on all or even any parts of our stack. When you join our team, you will deepen and widen your knowledge as you grow with us over the next few years.
Descartes Labs embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.