Software Engineer Internship - Platform
Santa Fe, NM
We are redefining the limits of “Big Data.” Our peta-scale, cloud-based processing architecture provides daily challenges and opportunities for innovation. We are looking for a qualified and eager-to-learn Platform Engineering Intern to be a part of our team for the summer!
- Work with the Platform team to develop our highly scalable geospatial data and analysis platform.
- Learn to develop highly optimized, scalable, redundant, and distributed software.
- Integrate with Descartes Labs’ core analytics and mapping engines.
- Be a part of data access solutions to optimally store, cache and retrieve data.
- Work with DevOPS on branching, deployment, production monitoring, and scalability.
- Learn new algorithms for highly concurrent computations
- Creating advanced geospatial data visualization capabilities
- Strong in Python
- Some experience with a compiled language (C, C++, etc...)
- Comfortable in Linux
- Debugging and optimization experience
- Unit & Integration Testing
- Interested in machine learning, geospatial data, distributed systems, parallel computing
- Used container software (Docker, Kubernetes, etc…)
- Expected B.S. in 2018, B.S, M.S. or PhD