Growth Marketing Lead
Santa Fe, NM
Descartes Labs is trying to better understand our planet by modeling complex systems - such as supply chains and agriculture - using machine learning and petabytes of geospatial data. The implications of Descartes Labs are broad - better understand global food supply, understand humanity’s effect on nature, and track natural disasters, to name a few. We are looking for a creative, confident, driven marketing professional, with an entrepreneurial mentality, to help us develop our growth marketing program. The Growth Marketing Lead will create a data infrastructure and analytics framework and then use it to better understand the efficacy of marketing and sales campaigns with data and analysis. They will focus on lead generation programs and digital marketing efforts as we continue to grow our company and technology, both in data and application.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Create a growth marketing strategy with time-based and campaign-based KPI's.
- Engage and educate potential and current customers through marketing efforts.
- Collaborate with product marketing, events, PR, and social media terms to ensure unified marketing campaigns and execution.
- Execute campaigns that are compelling to prioritized customer segments and attract a qualified audience to our content.
- Define and study a set of closed-loop analytics to gauge efficacy of campaigns, content, and narratives.
- Create systems to track leads through marketing qualification and effective hand off processes with sales.
- Build a framework for identifying, testing, and recommending growth-specific adjustments to our sales approach and product improvements.
- Use data to analyze lead behavior and funnel progression. Optimize marketing activities at each stage of the funnel to drive user acquisition. Provide insightful recommendations on the most effective marketing touch points throughout the customer life cycle.
- Lead marketing programs aimed at driving customer acquisition and retention, upsell opportunities, and customer and community evangelism and recommendation.
- Work with Product, Engineering, and Sales departments to shape and roll out market tests and digital campaigns with existing and potential customers.
- Work closely with product marketing to create content and collateral for use across the sales and customer success cycles.
- Capture and report on analytics across marketing and marketing & sales activities, via a monthly dashboard as well as campaign-specific reports that track, manage, and provide insights on KPI’s.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong Digital Marketing and Marketing Analytics background (3+ years).Extensive understanding of demand generation and sales pathways.
- Strong statistical reasoning skills and quantitative and qualitative experience interpreting user data.
- Experience building and managing lead gen/demand gen programs in a B2B setting.
- Experience using multiple Marketing Analytics Tools (Google Analytics, Marketo, Segment) and A/B testing tools (Optimizely, etc.).
- Experience working in a fast-growth startup environment (3+ years).
- Experience developing systems, structures, and processes.
- Experience managing with paid and organic SEO and SEM programs, extensive knowledge of Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO).
- Exceptional writing/editing, oral communication, and presentation skills. Experience clearly articulating findings and recommendations to technical and non-technical team members.
- Experience managing and mentoring junior marketing team members.
- Experience providing analysis to sales and product to aid in the development and definition of business models for various market segments.