Strategic Account Manager
Business Development & Sales /
Descartes Labs is the first company to offer a geospatial data refinery that combines a highly scalable processing and modeling platform with a multi-petabyte library of public and private data for building predictive models. Our talented team of scientists are recognized leaders in the field, helping enterprise customers create competitive advantage through scientifically validated analytics. We serve hundreds of global companies, governments, and impact organizations around the world - across industries that include agriculture, mining and metals, oil and gas, shipping and logistics, power and renewables, insurance, and more. Customers rely on the Descartes Labs Platform to quickly and securely scale computer vision, statistical, and machine learning models to inform business decisions with powerful raster-based analytics.
Diverse problems require a diverse group of individuals and mindsets which is why we strive to build an inclusive culture and community. We strive to empower our teams to tackle the world’s largest problems for good and for profit. Join us at Descartes Labs where we’re helping people see the world in a different way.
We’re headquartered in Santa Fe, New Mexico and have offices in New York, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Minneapolis, and Denver.
As a Strategic Account Manager you will help us identify a vision with our partners and grow these relationships. This role is a compelling blend of sales development and strategy, combined with extensive exposure to cutting edge machine learning and geospatial technologies. You will explore a huge variety of new industries and subjects which will span global supply chains, sustainability, space and satellite technology, applied science, data fusion, and fundamental and quantitative trading systems.
- Identify and articulate a clear for enterprise accounts and how they align with the Descartes Labs vision and product offerings
- Collaborate with internal teams to make sure we execute on all facets to achieve account vision and growth
- Own account revenue growth targets, customer executive relationships, and collaborate with sales executives on cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
- Own outreach and relationship management into other parts of the client organization
- Exercise discretion and independent decision-making in regard to matters of significance with internal teams and external relationships
- Present to, engage, and understand senior executives
- Develop a deeper understanding of our product, solutions, and technical architecture of our customers
- Creatively reinvent and try new approaches to solving problems that have often never been applied in such contexts before
- Collaborate across all roles and levels, both with customers and internal teams
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience level in business, marketing, finance, data science, or relative field
- 5+ Years experience with strategic account management and sales opportunity identification
- Former background in data science, computer science, or engineering
- Success in forming relationships with strategic accounts
- At least five years experience in account ownership with measurable revenue results
Our Interview Process
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call with one of our recruiters
- Depending on the outcome of the screening call, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-60 minute interview with our Sales Hiring Manager
- After that, candidates will be invited to schedule an additional 30-60 minute interview with an additional member of our Sales team
- Finally, candidates are invited to interview onsite in Santa Fe with ~5 members of the Sales team
Links To Recent Press:
- Washington Post: Newly released satellite data reveals the patterns of record warmth in 2019
- LA Times: California Wildfire Map: Active Fires
- Washington Post: Fantastic Fall Foliage and Where to Find it
- WIRED: Every State Should Monitor Methane to Meet Climate Goals
- Medium: Thunder From the Cloud: 40,000 Cores Running in Concert on AWS
- Fortune: These 100 Companies are Leading the way in A.I.
- TechBeacon: How Descartes Labs achieved safe, mission-critical continuous delivery
Top Reasons To Work At Descartes Labs:
- We pride collaboration over ownership, iteration over perfection, principles over rules, and discussion over directives
- We’re using the world’s top technology to solve the world’s largest problems with a strong focus on sustainability, environment, and impact science
- We look at Descartes Labs as a work environment where people are included, treat their colleagues with professional regard and respect, and thrive as a result
- We’re a highly collaborative company that constantly promotes success through teamwork
- We strongly encourage and enjoy a flexible work environment
- Descartes Labs offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401K plan; paid holidays and flexible paid time off
If your experience and interests match with some of the above, we want you to apply! Nobody is an expert on all or even any parts of our stack. When you join our team, you will deepen and widen your knowledge as you grow with us over the next few years.
Descartes Labs embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.