Santa Fe, NM or San Francisco, CA or Minneapolis, MN or New York, NY
Business Development & Sales
Descartes Labs is the first company to offer a geospatial data refinery that combines a highly scalable processing and modeling platform with a multi-petabyte library of public and private data for building predictive models. Our talented team of scientists are recognized leaders in the field, helping enterprise customers create competitive advantage through scientifically validated analytics. We serve hundreds of global companies, governments, and impact organizations around the world - across industries that include agriculture, mining and metals, oil and gas, shipping and logistics, power and renewables, insurance, and more. Customers rely on the Descartes Labs Platform to quickly and securely scale computer vision, statistical, and machine learning models to inform business decisions with powerful raster-based analytics.
Diverse data sets and problems require a diverse group of individuals and mindsets which is why we strive to build an inclusive culture and community. Our mission is to enable and empower our team to tackle the world’s largest problems for good and for profit. Join us at Descartes Labs where we’re helping people see the world in a different way.
We’re headquartered in Santa Fe, New Mexico and have offices in New York, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Minneapolis, and Denver.
As a Platform Manager, you will work with our largest clients to empower their digital transformation journey. You will utilize your technical expertise and knowledge of our software to help data scientists develop and deploy AI models at scale.
- You will provide personalized and professional on-boarding support
- Your manage relationships with data science teams at key accounts by providing expert technical assistance and product guidance
- You will identify new product opportunities and effectively communicate prioritized requirements back to the Product team to help inform our strategy and roadmap
- You will support the Sales team though pre-sales activities including organizing and leading technical product demos
- You will develop and implement processes to support continuous improvement in our team operations
- You will be a leader and a mentor to a growing Customer Success team
What You Bring:
- 5 or more years of experience in a technical support position working directly with clients
- Experience working with data science teams and building client relationships
- Advanced programming skills with Python
- Experience in cloud computing and microservices architecture
- Data science expertise
- Experience with geospatial data and software (GDAL, Google Earth Engine, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Hubspot and JIRA
Our Interview Process:
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call with one of our recruiters
- Depending on the outcome of the screening call, candidates will be invited to schedule a 60 minute interview with our Hiring Manager
- After that, candidates will be invited to schedule a 60 minute paired programming exercise with a member of our technical team
- Finally, candidates are invited to interview onsite in Santa Fe with 5 members of the Customer Success, Sales and Product teams.
Links To Recent Press:
- LA Times: California Wildfire Map: Active Fires
- Washington Post: Fantastic Fall Foliage and Where to Find it
- WIRED: Every State Should Monitor Methane to Meet Climate Goals
- Medium: Thunder From the Cloud: 40,000 Cores Running in Concert on AWS
- Fortune: These 100 Companies are Leading the way in A.I.
- TechBeacon: How Descartes Labs achieved safe, mission-critical continuous delivery
Top Reasons To Work At Descartes Labs:
- We pride collaboration over ownership, iteration over perfection, principles over rules, and discussion over directives
- We’re using the world’s top technology to solve the world’s largest problems with a strong focus on sustainability, environment, and impact science
- We look at Descartes Labs as a work environment where people are included, treat their colleagues with professional regard and respect, and thrive as a result
- We’re a highly collaborative company that constantly promotes success through teamwork
- We strongly encourage and enjoy a flexible work environment
- Descartes Labs offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401K plan; paid holidays and flexible paid time off
If your experience and interests match with some of the above, we want you to apply! Nobody is an expert on all or even any parts of our stack. When you join our team, you will deepen and widen your knowledge as you grow with us over the next few years.
Descartes Labs embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.