Albuquerque, NM /
The Program Manager owns direct customer relationships with Descartes Labs’ Air Force government clients at Kirtland AFB. Project delivery success on a multi-year contract is the primary focus of this job with a secondary role of identifying additional opportunity space and additional program management duties as assigned. The Government Program Manager will also contribute to marketing and communication efforts for the government market as well as provide feedback to the product management team for future product development.
The right person has successfully developed and managed direct customer relationships and understands the inner workings of DoD contracting and budgeting. Specific knowledge of The Air Force's use of cloud, data fusion, ISR, and geospatial technologies is highly desired. Additionally, you understand the remote sensing technology and multi-sensor landscape and the needs and mindsets of government customers in this space.
- The ideal candidate will have a positive reputation in the relevant government agencies.
- This person will be able to quickly master both the technical nuances of how the Descartes Labs platform and technology works and become a true partner for our government clients, helping them understand opportunities and respond with forward-looking solutions.
- This person has a strong command of government research projects relating to cloud-based multi-sensor and ideally, geospatial technology, has the ability to guide and lead complex government projects with multiple stakeholders over the lifetime of the relationship.
- The Program Manager must be a product and platform expert with strong technical command and an analytical outlook.
- Develop a deep understanding of Descartes Lab’s technology
- Partner with cross-functional teams at Descartes Labs - across Sales, Engineering, and Product Management - to achieve project and client relationship goals
- Handle day to day requests and customer issues thoughtfully and quickly, soliciting feedback while maintaining a strong sense of Descartes Labs broader priorities
- Outstanding communication skills, building scalable resources and best practices to train and service customers and end-users
- Responsible for key customer success metrics, including project performance indicators, account churn, growth, and renewals
- Come up with creative approaches to satisfy data/analyses needs
- Active secret security clearance
- Undergraduate degree
- Experience defining program requirements
- 5+ years of experience delivering cross-functional projects
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- 5+ years of experience working cross-functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Experience interacting with business and technical teams across clients, collecting feedback, and translating into product/platform requirements
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- 4+ years of professional experience working either at SaaS companies and/or working with large enterprise customers, on supporting technical implementations
- Management experience of up to 5 people
- Exposure to Python and cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in the remote sensing sector
- PMP certification
- An active TS, SCI clearable