Sales and Marketing /
Descartes Labs helps organizations whose success depends on the scientific analysis of observable, physical world events. We are the leading provider of geospatial analytics that create actionable intelligence by strengthening our customers’ proprietary data with models of the earth. Our solutions create new sources of environmental sustainability and operational advantage and foresight for agriculture, consumer packaged goods (CPG), mining, and government users by combining machine intelligence and domain expertise into a complete operational solution.
Descartes Labs is proud to be a remote-first, deliberately distributed organization that recognizes that people have different needs and motivations for building a life and career that matters and works for them. For this reason, we are open to our employees working from any location, in a way that enhances their well-being, productivity, and role. We focus on helping our employees produce positive outcomes and we recognize that the path to getting there will look different for different people.
As Director of Marketing, you will craft strategies across all marketing efforts, including digital, demand gen, communications, and creative to help the organization consistently achieve our revenue goals. You will prepare and manage monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets for the marketing department, manage a team of marketers to execute on the strategies and set, monitor and report on team KPI’s. Your ability to create compelling messages and campaigns for highly technical products and services will help our customers realize value and build more sustainable businesses.
- Lead marketing programs by setting strategy and KPIs, developing forecasts, evaluating budget, and measuring results and learnings to impact future campaigns
- Implement ABM campaigns and amplify content developed by others on the marketing team or other functions in the company
- Responsible for Sales & Marketing collaboration
- Define lead capture/nurture/qualification workflow for DL and implement in our marketing/CRM technology stack
- Manage technical aspects of key marketing systems (marketing automation, CRM) used to generate, distribute, and report on Leads, Accounts, and Contacts
- Identify marketing funnel improvement areas, and develop process/engagement solutions with the marketing and sales teams
- Partner closely with others on the marketing team in the creation and management of marketing campaign processes for the purpose of driving prospect generation
- Establish and maintain scalable processes that ensure best practices in campaign and lead management
- Conduct data analyses that will be used to inform strategic decisions by stakeholders from across the company
- Evaluate new technologies and add-on applications to improve and optimize marketing team performance
- Manage relationships with marketing agencies and martech providers
What You Bring
- 10+ years of experience in B2B technology marketing management, leveraging your strategic skills to drive revenue growth
- Demonstrated ability to lead, grow and develop a highly effective team
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and adjust marketing activities/budgets as needed to achieve set goals
- Strong understanding of marketing to key vertical markets with business-driven outcomes and customer-driven use cases
- Experience supporting both direct sales and channel sales teams
- Strong communication skills and the ability to translate highly technical info into compelling messages
- Inclusive and collaborative, with the ability to influence across an organization, including leadership
- Background in geospatial and remote sensing a plus, but not required
Who You Are
- Curious. You are always exploring and experimenting, interested in why and how, seeking not only to understand but to make work and the world better. You enthusiastically share your learning with others and actively seek information and knowledge.
- Conscientious. You are determined, always keep your promises, and are forward thinking. Principled and integrous, you take your commitments seriously.
- Humble. Unpretentious and self-aware, you cultivate compassion for others and take responsibility for your mistakes. Egoes are barriers to doing the best work and always learning.
- Open and Inclusive. You are receptive and interested in new ideas and perspectives, even when those perspectives don’t agree with your views. You value and respect difference and create ways for all people to contribute to the organization.
- Collaborative. You know it takes a team to get anything accomplished and you actively and inclusively work across the organization. You listen intently and openly and are always focused first on creating the best results.
- Adaptable. You are able to navigate changing circumstances and environments with ease and approach uncertainty with enthusiasm, while inspiring others towards effective goal setting and accomplishment
You belong here! If your experience and interests match with some of the above, we want you to apply.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, where employees belong, even if they are different. Scientific discovery is in our DNA, and diversity fuels innovation.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.