Intelligence Community (IC) Business Development & Sales Executive (TS/SCI)
Washington, D.C. /
Descartes Labs is a software and analytics company that enables organizations to understand their relationship with the physical world and use actionable insights to create positive change. We provide a unified modeling platform for spatial, market, sensor, and customer data that generates scientifically validated analytics at a global scale. Headquartered in Santa Fe, New Mexico, Descartes Labs has offices across the United States serving customers globally. We are seeking a talented Intelligence Community BD and Sales Executive to join our growing government team!
Diverse problems require a diverse group of individuals and mindsets which is why we strive to build an inclusive culture and community. We strive to empower our teams to tackle the world’s largest problems for good and for profit. Join us at Descartes Labs where we’re helping people see the world in a different way.
As the lead IC Sales Executive you will own, envision, create, and execute the building of an ecosystem of partnerships across the IC, with a specific focus on the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA), the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) . We need an executive-level set of experiences and skills, start-up attitude, and a clear vision for building a set of relationships that propel our company to the next level.
- Evaluate strategic opportunities, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses across the IC as well as with data, service providers and government integrators
- We are looking for someone with recent and relevant experience selling into and building relationships with the above listed agencies
- Work with both Product and Sales teams to drive product partnerships and influence product roadmaps
- Source innovative relationships with individuals and corporations to access data including ground truth and sensor data inputs
- Drive revenue generation and build the partner network by prospecting, qualifying, and closing new opportunities
- Develop strong relationships with key partners that fit into our go-to-market strategy
- Support the deal process from relationship building and due diligence, all the way through post-contract signing integration
- Help to foster a healthy and collaborative environment
What You Bring
- 7-10+ years of experience in sales, business development, consulting, management consulting, or previous government civilian or military experience
- Track record of closing seven to eight figure software deals in the IC and DoD market
- Deep solution selling mentality Strong use of insights and data-driven decision making
- Start-up hustle and passion for our mission
- Solid understanding of a variety of business models
- Extremely proactive, self-starter mentality with strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and provide comprehensive solutions for varying partner needs
- Ability to thrive under pressure in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
- Passion for the world of predictive analytics, and machine learning for remote sensing in particular
- Knowledge of government procurement and sales cycles and an existing rolodex of contacts and opportunities within the target market
- Existing Secret, TS preferred clearance
Our Interview Process
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call with one of our recruiters
- Depending on the outcome of the screening call, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-60 minute interview with our Sales Hiring Manager
- After that, candidates will be invited to schedule an additional 30-60 minute interview with an additional member of our Sales team
- Finally, candidates are invited to interview onsite in Santa Fe with ~5 members of the Sales team
Top Reasons To Work At Descartes Labs
- We pride collaboration over ownership, iteration over perfection, principles over rules, and discussion over directives
- We’re using the world’s top technology to solve the world’s largest problems with a strong focus on sustainability, environment, and impact science
- We look at Descartes Labs as a work environment where people are included, treat their colleagues with professional regard and respect, and thrive as a result
- We’re a highly collaborative company that constantly promotes success through teamwork
- We strongly encourage and enjoy a flexible work environment
- Descartes Labs offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401K plan; paid holidays and flexible paid time off
You belong here! If your experience and interests match with some of the above, we want you to apply. Nobody is an expert on all or even parts of our stack. When you join our team you will deepen and widen your knowledge as your grow with us over the next few years.
Descartes Labs is committed to building a diverse community and we embrace equal opportunity in a serious way. We strive to be a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Scientific discovery is in our DNA and the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be; diversity fuels innovation!
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates during all aspects of our interview process.