Customer Success Manager / Product Specialist
San Francisco or Remote /
Customer Success /
Customer Success Manager
As Customer Success Manager at Descript, you’ll be the main point of contact to world-renowned companies across the media and production industry (The New York Times, The Washington Post, Pushkin Industries, Spotify / Gimlet) and leading businesses (Intel, HubSpot, Prudential, etc). You are responsible for empowering customers to succeed using Descript, building and maintaining long term relationships across multiple industries and positioning Descript to become an industry standard for media creators.
In a typical day, you may:
- Hold a Descript training session for a new Enterprise client
- Meet with top media producers and creators to help them understand how Descript fits into their production workflow
- Provide pricing information for potential Enterprise customers
- Record demo materials for upcoming presentations
- Collaborate with your amazing Descript team members.
In this role, you will:
- Own the customer relationship between Descript and major video, audio, and business use case customers from first contact through onboardings, training, and annual renewals.
- Understand customers' needs and challenges and use a consultative approach.
- Recommend how Descript solves problems, creates new opportunities, and integrates into the client’s workflow. When it makes sense for the customer, you will maximize our sales opportunities with the prospects that we have. (Our sales team is a commission-free environment and our goal is to develop long-term relationships with the teams we work with.)
- Deliver complex information and features in the easy-to-understand manner.
- Prioritize your schedule based on business responsibilities and customer needs ownership.
- Possess a product specialist’s charisma and first-hand expert knowledge of Descript and the video/audio workflows.
- Be the trusted partner for the customer on use-case and product functionality.
- Respond to inbound customer inquiries in near real-time.
- Schedule online product demonstrations with new and existing customers and VIPs.
- Appear at conferences, online events, and lead our online webinars.
- Record and produce demo materials.
- Identify business opportunities through qualification of both inbound and outbound leads.
- Develop, measure and report on key performance indicators that will lead us to reliably forecasting sales and make the necessary adjustments to address any shortcomings or opportunities that are discovered along the way.
- Represent the voice of the customer to provide input into Descript product and marketing teams.
- Identify opportunities for customers to act as Descript advocates.
- 5+ years of experience in customer success, product specialist role, or other client-facing roles
- Experience working as an editor, audio/video engineer, or content creator.
- Deep technical understanding of professional content creation (video and audio) workflows and tools. (Adobe Creative Suite, Pro Tools, Final Cut Pro, etc)
- Understanding of as many SaaS tools as possible for screen sharing, collaboration, live streaming, content management / production, hosting, and distribution.
- Experience with user-generated content / social media content production workflows
- Excellent presentation skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Insatiable curiosity about people, their goals and their business challenges, new technology, and a desire to help customers find the right solution.
- Strong time management, organization, and decision-making skills. We give a lot of autonomy, but it requires people to be independent self-starters, results-driven, and disciplined about how they use their time.
- Enthusiasm to adapt, accept coaching, and contribute to a rapidly evolving business team’s strategy.
- Willingness and ability to travel to conferences and major clients 10% of the time (when travel is safe)
Candidates must include a Cover Letter and/or describe why they are uniquely qualified for this role in the Additional Information box.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive environment is core to Descript and the creative community we serve. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Descript is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.