San Francisco, CA /
Design Operations /
DesignMap staff are among the best practitioners in the world. If you're up to the challenge, our studio is welcoming and collaborative, and offers complex and rewarding design challenges. No matter where you are in your professional journey, we have a complete leveling up system to develop lasting careers.
Our mission is to harness complexity, challenge expectations, and reimagine opportunities to design exceptional experiences that delight people.
We do this through our principles of Quality, Grit, and Heart: Our standard of design craft and technique is high, we are driven through thick and thin to make a difference, and know that in improving ourselves and empowering the team is the only way we can accomplish our mission.
Purposefully Imaginative: We’re not a factory that churns out cookie-cutter designs. We work with people innovating at the cutting edge of their industry, helping them tackle their most difficult product and strategy challenges.
The Speed of Trust: We strive to listen first, get better, and be accountable. We’ve built in transparency and take issues head on with weekly, monthly, and quarterly retrospectives at all levels.
Growth Mindset: Intellectual curiosity and continuous learning are highly valued at DesignMap. We have opportunities for mentoring, lunch-and-learns, training, conferences, and ample chances to collaborate across disciplines.
Inclusive Environment: Resilient companies are built with people from a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities. We strive to foster an inclusive environment, where everyone feels supported, confident, and completely part of the team. Over half or staff are women, and well over half represent minority groups.
Why you would want to work here?
As a Design and Engagement Manager, you will play a critical role in navigating both our client's success, and DesignMap’s. You understand how user-centered design processes play into co-creating a successful product and business. Using that knowledge you will collaborate with the multidisciplinary team at all levels, internally with the DesignMap leadership and with our client’s product teams including key stakeholders up to the executive/founder levels.
DesignMap is home to a team of talented problem-solvers working on complex product design challenges with clients from a variety of industries: HealthTech, FinTech, Big Data, and IT/Infrastructure. As consultants, we are able to have a large influence on our clients’ products, businesses and users through our expertise.
We have a diverse and inclusive team that keeps you inspired to continuously learn and grow. We understand that it takes a combination of creators and managers to run successful projects and need savvy Engagement Managers (like you) to keep an eye on the big picture and streamline design operations.
- Account-level: You are the point person for the client Product/Initiative Owner.
- Project-level: Monitor and improve team health, Scoping design effort, communication, risk mitigation, resource coordination, and scheduling.
- DesignMap Studio-level: Criteria and measurement of design value, templatizing and operationalization of repeatable processes, feedback loop to DesignMap leadership on how we can change and improve our services.
- Learning and sharing with your cohort, a growing discipline at the studio.
- 3+ years of direct, relevant industry experience: B2B/Enterprise, or complex Consumer (FinTech, HealthTech, IT/Infrastructure.)
- Design agency or consultancy experience a big plus.
- Familiarity with user experience design processes.
- Adept with Google Apps, and other business productivity apps (Asana, Trello, JIRA, et al.)
- Exposure to complex business and technical requirements in a variety of industries.
- Evidence of successful project/initiative outcomes in past positions.
- Supreme problem solver.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Excellent at communicating visually and verbally, and receiving feedback.
- Ability to work in a close knit team.
- Elegantly handle pressure.
- Truly enjoy design, in all forms.
- Refuses to use jargon.
Discover where we can take you.