San Francisco, CA
DesignMap designers are among the best in the world. If you're up to the challenge, our studio is welcoming and collaborative, and offers complex and rewarding design challenges. No matter where you are in your professional journey, we have a complete leveling up system to develop lasting design careers.
Our mission is to harness complexity, challenge expectations, and reimagine opportunities to design exceptional experiences that delight people.
We do this through our principles of Quality, Grit, and Heart: Our standard of design craft and technique is high, we are driven through thick and thin to make a difference, and know that in improving ourselves and empowering the team is the only way we can accomplish our mission.
Purposefully Imaginative: We’re not a factory that churns out cookie-cutter designs. We work with people innovating at the cutting edge of their industry, helping them tackle their most difficult product and strategy challenges.
The Speed of Trust: We strive to listen first, get better, and be accountable. We’ve built in transparency and take issues head on with weekly, monthly, and quarterly retrospectives at all levels.
Growth Mindset: Intellectual curiosity and continuous learning are highly valued at DesignMap. We have opportunities for mentoring, lunch-and-learns, training, conferences, and ample chances to collaborate across disciplines.
Inclusive Environment: We believe strong companies are built from a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities. We strive to foster a positive and inclusive environment, where everyone feels supported, comfortable, and completely part of the team.
Why is this role critical, now? Our organization is growing up, over the last decade we grew our revenue 10x based on our relentless drive for delivering the highest level of design for our clients. As we scale, we are adding people that bring new perspectives and experience. In our success, we are humbled by how much we have to learn and are even more hungry to improve.
Why you may be looking for a change...
- Multiple re-orgs of your company has created splintered strategy and disrupted career progress.
- Endless incremental feature design, while design debt piles up.
- Discovery and Research does not inform product direction.
- Designers are pigeon-holed into a specific discipline, or are siloed in Scrum teams disconnected from each other.
- Design is not a critical part of your company’s strategy.
- Poor work/life balance caused by organizational issues.
- Author internal learning and development material, and external thought leadership content.
- Develop new client opportunities through presenting case studies, describing design approaches, and scoping work.
- Define and direct the user experience design strategy and process for the integrated design team.
- Organize and lead in-person or remote worksessions and workshops.
- Manage the performance and careers of direct reports.
- Manage client expectations and meet follow on and repeat engagement metrics.
- Jump in and execute detailed design to set standards or cover gaps.
- Deepen or expand our design services to create more value for clients.
- 6+ years of direct, relevant experience in complex SaaS product spaces.
- B2B/Enterprise, Financial Services, Healthcare, Insurance, IT/Infrastructure.
- Design for Platforms, Emerging Tech like ML/AI/Voice, Marketplaces/Ecosystems, Service Design, Data Viz and Insights.
Discover where we can take you.