Director of Marketing
San Francisco, CA
Account-based Marketing for a Design Consultancy
The Director of Marketing is responsible for setting, coordinating, and executing campaigns (1:1 and 1:few) that reach specific buyer archetypes at targeted accounts. They act as a key collaborator with DesignMap leadership to create high quality touchpoints.
Wearing the campaign manager hat: you implement campaigns consisting of multi-touch, multi-channel aspects with both inbound and outbound tactics that are successful by moving revenue measures as a whole team, and not traditional marketing metrics.
These campaigns build awareness with our target accounts on LinkedIn, driving site traffic, converting that traffic into engaged contacts and new leads, and then nurturing those leads to close into customers, the latter of which sales leadership will help you accomplish.
Marketing operations will be another hat, you will work to create repeatable and scalable processes. You will be managing multiple initiatives at once and rallying others to contribute.
Why you would want to work here?
Driving revenue here is just as important as delivering the highest quality of design services. In fact, we think of them as being nearly indistinguishable from each other: they are intertwined.
DesignMap is home to talented problem-solvers working on complex product design challenges with clients from a variety of industries: HealthTech, FinTech, Big Data, AI/ML, and IT/Infrastructure. As consultants, we are able to have a large influence on our clients’ products, businesses, and users through our expertise and perspective.
We are not your typical agency, this is not a burn-and-churn kind of workplace: if you’re at an agency, and unhappy with the work/life balance and career potential, we might be the perfect place where you can be your best.
Who is DesignMap?
Our mission is to harness complexity, challenge expectations, and reimagine opportunities to design exceptional experiences that delight people. We do this through our internal values of Quality, Grit, and Heart: Our standard of design craft and technique is high, we are driven through thick and thin to make a difference, and know that in improving ourselves and empowering the team is the only way we can successfully navigate the unknown.
Purposefully Imaginative: We’re not a factory that churns out cookie-cutter designs. We work with people innovating at the cutting edge of their industry, helping them tackle their most difficult product and strategy challenges.
Courageously Collaborative: We strive to listen first, get better, and be accountable. We’ve built in transparency and take issues head on with weekly, monthly, and quarterly retrospectives at all levels.
Confidently Curious: Intellectual curiosity and continuous learning are highly valued at DesignMap. We have opportunities for mentoring, lunch-and-learns, training, conferences, and ample chances to collaborate across disciplines.
Inclusive Environment: We believe strong companies are built from a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities. We strive to foster a positive and inclusive environment, where everyone feels supported, comfortable, and completely part of the team.
- From our Ideal Customer Profile: identify, research, and add target named accounts, with profile and contact data entered and enriched into our CRM (Pipedrive.)
- Orchestrate various channels that deliver content to the right buyer archetypes: from C-level to IC.
- Manage production of that content: strategic narratives that resonate with potential customers and and thought leadership visuals and contentInspire reference customers to share their success with others, and support them directly in promoting themselves and us.
- Create and maintain metrics reports on marketing and sales activities, effectiveness, and business impact.
- Templatize marketing content and playbooks, provide sales enablement on priority accounts, using various channels including email, ads, sponsored content, events, etc.
- Work with sales and account leads to identify gaps in relationships in the buying team within strategic accounts.
- Grow new leads, including marketing-qualified leads, by converting offline / event and online traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content.
- Optimize our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, and social channels.
- Establish closed-loop analytics with sales to understand how our inbound marketing activity turns into customers, and continually refine our process to convert customers.
- Grow our subscriber base by providing them with regular, helpful content that’s aligned with their needs and interestsBuild and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our owned properties (including blog posts, whitepapers, podcasts, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.).
- Manage various email campaigns, including the template designs, calls-to-action, and content used in our email sends.
- Segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement and website interactions (content downloads, site page visits, etc.)
- Measure results and optimize the lead nurturing workflows for these segments to convert leads into customers.
- Run weekly Marketing Meeting with Partners, Sales, and Directors.
- 5+ years of direct, relevant industry experience: SaaS, B2B/Enterprise, SalesTech, MarTech, FinTech, HealthTech, EdTech, IT/Infrastructure.
- Familiarity with user experience design services and value.
- Self-motivated and driven, and collaborates well with Sales teams
- Gets stuff done! Someone who can set things up and have them humming along smoothly
- Versatile in multiple marketing channels, particularly: Email Campaigns, Landing Pages, LinkedIn Ads, Google Ads, Events: hosting and attending.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Truly enjoy design, in all forms.