San Francisco, CA /
Design Operations /
DesignMap, Inc. is looking for a Design Manager for SaaS products to be a critical member of our close knit team, work on design that matters, that impacts people’s everyday life.
Why you would want to work here?
You will play a critical role in managing DesignMap’s and our client’s success. You understand how design processes play into co-creating a successful product and business. Using that knowledge you will collaborate with the multidisciplinary team at all levels, internally with the DesignMap leadership and with our client’s product teams including key stakeholders up to the executive/founder levels.
DesignMap is home to a team of talented problem-solvers working on complex product design challenges with clients from a variety of industries: HealthTech, FinTech, Big Data, and IT/Infrastructure. As consultants, we are able to have a large influence on our clients’ products, businesses and users through our expertise.
We have a diverse and inclusive team that keeps you inspired to continuously learn and grow. We understand that it takes a combination of creators and managers to run successful projects and need savvy Producers (like you) to keep an eye on the big picture and streamline design operations.
Design that matters.
There’s a reason we say that. The projects we focus on are tools used by people every day, sometimes all day. Removing the frustration that most enterprise software brings along with it allows people to focus on solving problems effectively and quickly, instead of wrestling with inefficient and uninspiring design.
The average person spends a minimum of 90,000 hours at work in their lifetime.
During that time, the tools they use in their day to day matter to their productivity and well-being.
People also spend a lot of time on multiple devices to shop, stay abreast of news, get around, learn, manage finances and health, care for their family and pets, and the list goes on.
They expect software, no matter what the context — work or personal — to provide a great experience. We believe it matters to help companies build products that make people’s every day better and easier.
- Account-level: You are the point person for the client Product/Initiative Owner.
- Project-level: Monitor and improve team health, Scoping design effort, communication, risk mitigation, resource coordination, and scheduling.
- DesignMap Studio-level: Criteria and measurement of design value, templatizing and operationalization of repeatable processes, feedback loop to DesignMap leadership on how we can change and improve our services.
- Learning and sharing with your management cohort, a growing discipline at the studio.
- 3+ years of direct, relevant industry experience: B2B/Enterprise, or complex Consumer (FinTech, HealthTech, IT/Infrastructure.)
- Specifically SaaS Products, not Content or Marketing
- Familiarity with user experience design processes, ideally in a consultancy setting.
- Work with Agile processes and Scrum teams.
- Adept with Google Apps, and other business productivity apps (Asana, Trello, JIRA, et al.)
- Exposure to complex business and technical requirements in a variety of industries.
- Evidence of successful project/initiative outcomes in past positions.
- Supreme problem solver.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Excellent at communicating visually and verbally, and receiving feedback.
- Ability to work in a close knit team.
- Elegantly handle pressure.
- Truly enjoy design, in all forms.
- Refuses to use jargon.
- Able to work autonomously.