Business Development Manager
M&A & New Business Development – Nuevos Canales /
In Despegar/HotelDO - we are a great team of professionals dedicated to revolutionizing the world of tourism through technology. We work as a team, get involved, are not afraid of making mistakes and we always want to go for more. We constantly generate new and better ideas to encourage the challenging world of tourism and technology.We are looking for a Business Development Manager for our growing B2B HotelDo Global team.
- Develops and manages a strategy for new account development for the global market; includes networking, introductory letters, telephone contact.
- Maintain knowledge of market and competitive trends within the travel industry.
- Develop and execute a strategic business plan that meets or exceeds established sales goals and supports company revenue and profitability targets.
- Prepare and present powerful, persuasive sales presentations that effectively demonstrate the value proposition of Direct Travel’s products and solutions.
- Develop and maintain a robust prospect pipeline to continuously grow the business and generate sales.
- Act as a liaison between key customers and internal stakeholders, in order to meet account performance.
- Negotiate agreements, contract, overrides, SLA, incentives and marketing campaigns with partners.
- Deliver quantitative results, business understanding and strategic insights to partners.
- Identify new revenue generating opportunities and build business cases to prioritize.
- Suggest solutions and innovative ideas to meet client needs.
- Ability to travel quarterly to attend trade shows, conferences, or sales calls.
- Demonstrable background in sales within the travel industry.
- Have a high understanding of the travel industry, wholesale, API/XML knowledge basics.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in travel business to business sales.
- Ability to assess client’s business needs and advise decision makers on how HotelDO’s products and services can best meet their travel needs
- Strong commercial, negotiation, communications and organizing skills.
- Ability to work and thrive in a multi-tasked, ever changing fast paced environment.
- Analytical and proven track record in using data to drive strategy and make decisions.
- Existing strong relationships within the travel industry - bedbanks, OTA, TO and TA.
- Excellent in problem-solving.
- Ability to liaise, influence, drive action plans at senior level with our clients and internal stakeholders.
- Fluent English, oral and written skills. Any additional language is considered an advantage
- Based in Florida - work from home.
- Being part of a company that is a leader in the Travel industry.
- Belong to a team of professionals who are passionate about traveling in the world of technology and make it possible for others to travel.
- Integrate a team that uses technology as a way of innovation and resolution of opportunities.
- Develop your own careerpath in a competitive and challenging world.
- Ability to work from Anywhere in the world for a portion of the year if desired.
- Discount in travel.
- Extensive Growth Opportunities.
- Competitive salary.