Digital Account Manager, Specialty Retail
Commercial – Retail /
Ask a curly person about their hair and they'll tell you about their life. They'll tell you about their childhood, their family, their friends, and the way they see themselves in the mirror. For the past two decades, these are the conversations that have been at the center of everything we do.
It’s curly, it’s complicated, it’s fun, and we get it. That’s why all our products are inspired by our community. It’s why we keep our ingredients simple—everything curls need and nothing they don’t. And it’s why our stylists don’t just create amazing curls, they teach you how to create them on your own. Because at the end of the day, we believe in the very simple idea that people should love their unique curls in their own way.
We are excited to add an experienced Digital Account Manager, Specialty Retail to our growing team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and driving sales for DevaCurl across some of our key retailer dotcom sites across North America.
Who you are:
- Strong understanding of curly hair and the competitive landscape
- Able to identify opportunities to build business and drive digital growth to achieve sales and brand goals
- Experience leading marketing and merchandising initiatives within the digital retail environment
- Ability to influence and interact with corporate retail teams
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Able to work cross-functionally and collaboratively across the Retail Account Management teams and Trade Marketing teams to strategize and execute all promotional activities
- High level of perspective, as well as curiosity, about industry trends and how to apply to current business
- Comfortable forecasting ongoing business and promotional needs by account (for B&M and online business)
- Experience managing a spending budget
- Understanding of the omni-channel retail business
- Strong presentation skills & ability to adapt to audiences as needed
- Strong demonstrated analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Ability to manage multiple accounts simultaneously, strong organization and time management skills.
- Proficient with Slack, Microsoft Office Suite, and Zoom
- Excellent/Advanced Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint skills
- BA or BS Degree
- 5+ years of key account management experience, ideally in the beauty wholesale / retail environment. Experience with Sephora is a plus.
- Post-COVID, must be willing to travel up to 30% of time
What you'll do:
- Manage all aspects of the DevaCurl business within multiple online retail partners with the ongoing priority of achieving quarterly / annual purchase and sales budgets.
- Develop and manage the customer partnership through strong relationships and communication.
- Work with retailer partners to proactively brainstorm and develop 360-degree retailer programs that promote strong sell-through of new launches and continuous growth
- Implement best in class marketing plans with each retailer including but not limited to sampling, e-mail & print placement, digital media, merchandising and POGs, brand & product pages, and social strategy.
- Drive sell-in and planning meetings with account buying team.
- Represent and advocate retailer needs with internal cross-functional partners in marketing, social media, planning, product development and education.
- Analyze monthly sales-out performance and conduct regular business reviews to report to Senior Leadership and internal cross-functional partners.
- Forecast ongoing flow and promotional inventory to ensure timely revenue recognition against financial plans.
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to develop the exceptional products and experiences DevaCurl is renowned for. Our dynamic Devas have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity employer.