New York, NY /
Marketing – Creative /
Curly hair is bold, natural, beautiful, and it’s our mission to celebrate your unique curls. Our products are all inspired by conversations with real people and our stylists won't just give you amazing curls, they'll teach you how to create them on your own. DevaCurl is built on an ever-growing base of loyal curly-haired customers that value the experience our salons provide for them. Our products and stylists make it fun and easy to show your curly locks the love they deserve. We help people believe in the very simple idea of loving their curls in their own way.
We are excited to add a Senior Copywriter to our team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing concepts and copy in support of education, advertising/collateral, website and packaging in close collaboration with the Brand Marketing and Creative teams.
Who you are:
- A creative writer with 5 years’ experience in consumer products; beauty or multicultural experience a plus
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Eager to complete projects thoroughly, proactively and with attention to detail
- Strong, clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Able to meet copy challenges and suggest appropriate solutions
- Flexible and adapt/work well in a fast-paced environment
- A team player with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
What you'll do:
- Work closely with Marketing, Creative and other key cross-functional partners to develop copy for: product packaging, product guides & educational tools, sales & merchandising collateral, website, email, paid ads, scripts for training videos and new product launch videos, names and tag-lines for new products, primary copy documents for all new products & overall brand
- Review & approve final artwork in routing process
- Liaise with Legal and R&D to ensure that copy meets all legal and regulatory requirements
- Independently drive towards relevant deadlines, providing visibility to Creative Project Manager
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to develop the exceptional products and experiences DevaCurl is renowned for. Our dynamic Devas have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity employer.