Senior Director, Global Brand & Digital Marketing
New York, NY /
Marketing – Brand & Digital /
Curly hair is bold, natural, beautiful, and it’s our mission to celebrate your unique curls. Our products are all inspired by conversations with real people and our stylists won't just give you amazing curls, they'll teach you how to create them on your own. DevaCurl is built on an ever-growing base of loyal curly-haired customers that value the experience our salons provide for them. Our products and stylists make it fun and easy to show your curly locks the love they deserve. We help people believe in the very simple idea of loving their curls in their own way.
We are excited to add a Senior Director, Global Brand & Digital Marketing to our team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting innovative, breakthrough product launches & marketing strategies to bring all new product initiatives to life through close collaboration with Product Marketing, Consumer Engagement/Digital Marketing, Communications, Education and Sales.
Who you are:
- Passionate about prestige beauty and broad, diverse range of consumers
- Engaged with lifestyle brands and pop culture
- Able to be flexible and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- An inspiring & collaborative leader
- Commercial-minded & a strategic problem solver
What you'll do:
- Provide leadership and direction in the implementation of marketing strategies to achieve objectives for revenue, share, and margin
- Develop innovative, trendsetting global marketing strategies, product concepts, and promotional programs that will enable DevaCurl to sustainably grow, gain market share and successfully enter new markets
- Work in partnership with Product Development on a 3-year innovation strategy and pipeline. Building key assets and identifying levers to implement an effective global go-to-market activation strategy.
- Research the international marketplace; analyzing global competition and trends in beauty, fashion, and retail to identify, create, and implement break- through marketing programs relevant to both the consumer and stylists
- Understand the consumer from region to region, developing marketing collateral that is appropriate to each regional market while remaining true to the DevaCurl brand and delivering a consistent brand message
- Ensure the timely execution of all global marketing deliverables and that the global teams are on the same page and up to date will all new marketing, product and company initiatives
- Develop impactful 360 integrated marketing programs to drive ongoing brand support and innovation support for customer retention and new customer acquisition
- Lead multi-platform paid media strategy with strong ROI and manage through execution, with a focus on Digital Marketing
- Assess ROI to continually improve marketing spend efficiencies
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing Agency to develop paid media plans to support all revenue channels + overall brand campaigns.
- Align paid media spend with revenue channel goals / initiatives
- Own DevaCurl.com, with a focus on brand storytelling pages (Homepage, Quiz, Stylist Finder, Strategic Brand Initiatives, Curls 101, etc.) in close collaboration with Sales
- Lead execution of branded events (ie, CurlFest, Essence Festival) in close collaboration with Education and Communications & aligning to channel re-support priorities
- Maintain monthly 360 activation and media spend calendar
- Develop, manage, and mentor the team. Developing KPIs which are attainable yet stretch performance
- Manage Global Marketing and fuel spend budget
- Keep the executive & cross-functional teams informed of market strategies, timing, and product/brand recommendations on a timely basis
- Think and react quickly with a curious, can-do mindset
- Manage multiple priorities
- Have exceptional time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to develop the exceptional products and experiences DevaCurl is renowned for. Our dynamic Devas have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity employer.