Salon Development Manager
Commercial – Distribution /
Ask a curly person about their hair and they'll tell you about their life. They'll tell you about their childhood, their family, their friends, and the way they see themselves in the mirror. For the past two decades, these are the conversations that have been at the center of everything we do.
It’s curly, it’s complicated, it’s fun, and we get it. That’s why all our products are inspired by our community. It’s why we keep our ingredients simple—everything curls need and nothing they don’t. And it’s why our stylists don’t just create amazing curls, they teach you how to create them on your own. Because at the end of the day, we believe in the very simple idea that people should love their unique curls in their own way.
We are excited to add an experienced Salon Development Manager to our growing team. In this role, you will expand, support and develop the DevaCurl network of salons and stores in partnership with the BSG/Cosmoprof field team.
Who you are:
- Strong presentation skills; able to adapt to audiences as needed
- Excellent relationship building skills to work cross-functionally while managing projects effectively
- Able to think and react quickly with a curious, can-do and solution-oriented mindset
- Exceptional time management skills to meet multiple overlapping project deadlines head on without supervision
- Sound judgment and a true team player
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Able to pull insights from data and transform into actionable items to grow the territory
- Ability to facilitate product knowledge and hair styling classes whether in person or virtually
- Deep understanding of DevaCurl brand, philosophy and competitive landscape
- Current State Cosmetology License in state of residence strongly preferred
- Experience working in a salon environment, preferably with textured hair
- 3+ years of sales and education experience in the beauty/hair industry
- Proficient with Slack, Microsoft Office Suite, and Zoom
- Located close to a major airport; must be willing to travel/be in the field 65% of the time
What you'll do:
- Attend and present corporate materials at customer meetings at headquarters or individual accounts
- Research and analyze market data and provide insights to improve territorial development
- Scan market for trends that will improve competitive positioning
- Gather market data and prepare reports for upper management
- Identify, quantify, and prioritize territory leads
- Facilitate salon classes on DevaCurl product and techniques, whether in person or virtually
- Provide additional educational support to salons in person or virtually
- Investigate customer complaints and monitor customer feedback.
- Advocate for brand exposure and expansion in territories and markets
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to develop the exceptional products and experiences DevaCurl is renowned for. Our dynamic Devas have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity employer.