Product Division /
At DevFacto, we support a healthy curiosity, which has resulted in multiple successful startups. Our award-winning product, Sparrow, has spun out from DevFacto and currently in the process of soaring off on their own to transform the world of corporate communications.
Craving more? Discover Sparrow at https://www.sparrowapp.io/about-us.
Our award-winning start-up is growing! Sparrow is looking for passionate, talented professionals eager to transform how companies engage with their people. Every mid-size and larger company has at least one person dedicated to managing internal communications. These storytellers have the essential yet impossible job of reaching everyone in their workforce, keeping them updated on the critical items, and feeling like they are part of a greater whole. Sparrow makes the world of corporate communicators easier, across all platforms, with the analytics to make them better and better at engaging their people. And we want you to be a part of that.
At Sparrow, we believe how we do things matter as much as what we do. We believe in teamwork, helping each other, giving our all, and listening. We also like anime, Star Trek, Dungeons and Dragons, naming our releases after super-heroes, and more. We believe that strength comes from diversity.
We’re looking for Intermediate and Senior Product Developers to help us on our quest to transform the world of internal corporate communications.
Location: Canada! This is a remote opportunity. While most of the team is based in Calgary, Alberta, we’re open to remote work from anywhere in Canada provided that we can align in terms of core work hours. Ideal candidates will be in the Pacific to Central time zone (i.e.+/- 1 hour from the core team)
By the way, make sure to read the entire job posting. Trust me.
What type of Developers are we looking for?
Developers come in many forms; here are the key types we’re looking for:
· Microsoft SharePoint & Teams Developers
· Azure backend developers
· UI Developers
What will you do?
As a Product Developer, you’ll be designing and implementing new features, helping us fix sins of the past, and delivering on a vision that will make life better for every employee we can reach worldwide. You’ll also create prototypes for new ideas and be involved in testing when needed.
You’ll report directly to our CTO and work collaboratively with our whole team, potentially shifting between different parts of the system, with an opportunity to specialize as we grow.
More specifically, the key responsibilities of a Product Developer are:
- Design and development of professional quality features
- Responsible for Pull Request review and participation
- Adding to the team knowledge, culture and having a positive effect on morale
- Fixing bugs and helping customers when the need arises
- Provide expert input and advice to technical design, standards, and best practices.
- Identify project risks and issues. Provide options and risk mitigation/management recommendations to the client and project management.
- Assist with developing project plans, work plans, schedules, and estimates pertaining to development, solution deployment, and service delivery
- 3+ Years of experience delivering quality solutions (intermediate to senior-level)
- Experience with C#, .NET, Visual Studio, connecting to service endpoints (e.g REST API’s)
- Experience in at least one of the following general areas: SharePoint and/ or Microsoft Teams development (WebParts, SPFX, SaaS integrated, fun with SSO tokens), Azure backend development (CosmosDB, Service EndPoints, DataFactory, Azure B2C, Media Services, Cognitive Services), or Web (React) and endpoint development (web services)
- Knowledge of computer science concepts like algorithmic analysis, Big O bounding, and how to assess performance and troubleshoot complex issues
- Ability to give and take feedback well
- Ability to learn quickly and get up to speed on our solution
- A Quality Mindset
- Be comfortable with Azure services or competitive equivalent
- Passion for products and startups
Nice to have skills:
- Experience performance tuning systems and understanding the trade-offs involved
- Ideally a Computer Sciences degree; however, we recognize that a degree isn't the whole picture.
- Firebase experience
- AI/ML experience
- Sense of Humor
3 Random Things About Sparrow
- We name all major releases after comic book heroes (so far we have Aquaman, Batwoman, Captain Marvel, Darkwing Duck), and all sprints after related minor characters and villains
- We have an explicitly supportive culture, whatever part of the rainbow you are most comfortable with, we got you.
- We believe in “not your problem, our problem.” Even if you created an issue, we’re all in this together to fix it. We don’t believe in calling out or blaming.
- We can get excited and end up with 4 things in a list of 3.
What can Sparrow offer you?
A fantastic place to work fueled by an incredible team who are some of the friendliest and most committed professionals you’ll ever meet, backed by a strong leadership team committed to a servant leadership style. Also:
· Group benefits
· Remote work
· Flexible Hours
· Competitive salary
· Stock options
· Growth opportunity
Interested? Read this first.
BEFORE YOU JUST APPLY, we require a cover letter! We will literally not look at resumes submitted without them. In your cover letter, we will look for:
· What about what’s written above appeals to you
· What you’re hoping to find at Sparrow
· Something about you (D&D lover? Like jazz music)?
Remember, there is no such thing as a perfect candidate. If you’ve got good experience and this get’s you excited, apply! On the other side, if you don’t feel that this is a fit for you, keep an eye on us. We’re growing fast, and more is coming!
Are you ready for your career to take flight as part of Sparrow? Apply now!