Intermediate .NET Developer
Product Division /
Sparrow once was the award-winning product division of DevFacto Consulting and has since spun-off! Craving more? Discover us at https://www.sparrowapp.io/about-us.
Our amazing product team needs more power, Captain! Do you like the idea of being part of a fantastic startup right here in Alberta?
We are transforming the world of corporate communications. Today teams are scattered and organizations that weave their people together, that share where they’re going and how to get there, have an advantage over those who don’t. Sparrow makes the world of corporate communicators easier, across all platforms, with the analytics to make them better and better at engaging their people. And we want you to be a part of that.
Right now, we need an intermediate Developer with Azure experience who can learn quickly, has no ego (well, a little, let’s be real), and likes being part of a committed team. Experience with SharePoint or Microsoft Teams development is definitely a bonus.
What will you do?
You’ll be part of our development team and will transform ideas into usable features and fix bugs in features that aren’t working well. We don’t expect you to know everything, but we do expect you to be able to learn by example, ask questions when you don’t know something, be willing to try because failure is part of getting to success.
What should you already know?
- C#, .NET, Visual Studio, connecting to REST APIs
- Experience with at least one of the following services of Azure: Event hub, media services, blob storage, CosmosDB, DataFactory. If you don’t have experience, study up and interview. Show us that you can learn fast and be awesome.
- Nice to have: React, Steeltoe, Sense of Humor (that’s a joke)
What should you have?
- A relevant degree would go a long way, we’re interested in you as a “whole picture.” Some of the best coders we know came from unconventional backgrounds.
- Experience working with deadlines and in a team of 3+.
- The ability to work productively from home with sufficient high-speed and stable internet connectivity.
General Responsibilities: (Brace yourself, this part’s not exciting)
- Participate in the design, development, construction, testing, delivery, implementation, and maintenance of applications and platforms.
- Ensure code written is thoroughly tested by following testing best practices.
- Assist in troubleshooting application issues in multiple environments.
- Create or update existing application support documentation for assigned applications to ensure that it matches the code and environment.
- Provide expert input and advice in relation to technical design, standards, and best practices.
- Identify project risks and issues. Provide options and risk mitigation/management recommendations to the client and project management.
- Assist with developing project plans, work plans, schedules, and estimates pertaining to development, solution deployment, and service delivery.
What can Sparrow offer you?
- A fantastic and committed team who believes very strongly in supporting each other
- Group benefits.
- Stock options.
- A reasonable amount of money (hey, we’re a startup, that’s why we have ‘millionaire-making-if-we-grow-like-mad’ options on the table).
3 Random Things About Sparrow
- We name all major releases after comic book heroes (so far we have Aquaman, Batwoman, Captain Marvel, Darkwing Duck), and all sprints after related minor characters and villains
- We have an explicitly supportive culture, whatever part of the rainbow you are most comfortable with, we got you.
- We believe in “not your problem, our problem.” Even if you created an issue, we’re all in this together to fix it. We don’t believe in calling out or blaming.
- We can get excited and end up with 4 things in a list of 3.
Think this may be for you? Really? We weren’t sure anyone was going to get down this far in the job posting. Well, you might as well send your resume in! Who knows what will happen.
BEFORE YOU JUST APPLY, we require a cover letter! We will literally not look at resumes submitted without them. In the cover letter, tell us:
· what about what’s written above appeals to you,
· what you’re hoping to find at Sparrow
· something about you (D&D lover? Like jazz music)?
And we’re growing fast, so if you don’t feel that this is a fit for you, keep an eye on us. More is coming.
Are you ready for your career to take flight as part of Sparrow? Apply now!