Director of Strategic Alliances - CSP
Device42 is the most comprehensive agentless discovery system for Hybrid IT available today. We give you accurate, comprehensive, and current insights into your computing environments to provide you the data you need to manage, transform, and optimize with confidence.
The SBD – CSP role is designed to pursue, onboard and manage Cloud Service Providers. CSPs represent the catalyst for changes in enterprise IT organizations that necessitate the use of Device42 capabilities. Their own sales, consulting resources and partner networks can either consume D42 directly or strongly influence its adoptions. AWS is our primary focus with Microsoft also being deserving of attention.
The SBD will be responsible for coordinating all interactions with the CSP as they are pursued by Device42. The CSP will have the responsibility to understand and communicate how Device42 aligns to CSP objectives (driving cloud revenue). They will need to position our differentiators. Finally, the SBD must understand and stay current on initiatives, programs and priorities with the CSP which can inform our pursuit plan, value proposition and product roadmap.
The SBD will be supported by a variety of Device42 capabilities. Of specific note, individual sales transactions will be relayed for pursuit management to a sales rep. This role will be evaluated based on revenue influenced or delivered through the CSP.
- Develop proactive approach plan for the top 2 CSPs
- Establish revenue targets and required supporting efforts
- Train resources within the partner organization on Device42 capabilities, benefits and technical and commercial advantages
- Leverage and coordinate other D42 resources (SA’s, Partner Enablement, Channel marketing.
- Support presales, sales and delivery training for initial deals
- Establish all necessary commercial requirements to transact
- Manage, in collaboration with sales, initial deals
- Continually demonstrate the benefit of D42 to CSP objectives
- Identify and handoff new sales transactions
- Align D42 sales resources to client biz dev
- Expand Device42 relationship to new LoBs, regions etc
- Gain exposure to CSP partner ecosystem
- Become full baked in GTM for existing and new offers
- Ensure adequate capacity in partner orgs to deliver (train COEs)
- Specific work / success selling software in and through a focus partner (AWS)
- Experience with Microsoft (nice to have)
- Familiarity with partner plans at CSPs
- Excellent technical understanding of infrastructure, application architecture and CSP offerings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage resources from a matrix organization in a sales pursuit
- Experience demonstrating influenced revenue impact on a CSP
Device42 has experienced 60% plus year over year revenue growth over the last four years. With offices in West Haven, CT, Boston, and Denver, we are a team of dedicated, innovative, and collaborative individuals building the solution for Hybrid IT environments.