Senior Accountant, Intercompany Consolidations
Waltham, MA /
Finance & Accounting /
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit about this role:
Our Senior Accountant will be a key report to our Accounting Manager; and will assist the Assistant Controller with the day to day tasks related to the compilation of financial statements, preparation of journal entries, reconciliations and other special projects. This Senior Accountant will have the chance to be assigned to new business needs as we continue to grow.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements to ensure timely and accurate presentation
- Manage the monthly close calendar
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly prior to each close
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, reconciling transactions, and resolving discrepancies
- Prepares, validates and enters journal entries
- Prepare and distribute the daily cash summary
- Coordinates and resolves various issues with the bank
- Monitor positive pay exceptions
- Lead in annual audits by preparing schedules, responding to inquiries and adhering to deadlines
- Responsible for reconciling and tracking premium revenue and associated medical expenses on P&L
- Prepare and reconcile inter-company transactions between subsidiaries
- Assist with annual and quarterly tax compliance
- Assist with investment accounting
- Assist with equity accounting
- Assist with accrual accounting
- Assist with PP&E
Attributes to success:
- A demonstrable track record of success / delivery in a changing and complex start-up environment
- Team player who is customer-service oriented
- Strong attention to detail and meet deadlines on a continuous basis
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Ability to adhere to policies and procedures
- Must be analytical, hands on, and able to be a contributor on day one
- Ability to independently manage multiple demands and meet deadlines
- Ability to identify actions necessary to complete tasks and obtain results
- Maintain high ethical standards at all times, to include maintaining the confidentiality of financial and other sensitive information consistent with moral, professional and regulatory requirements
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous start-up environment where everyday we try to develop and optimize our operations
Desired skills and experience:
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with 7-10 years of GL experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance; CPA preferred
- Experience with intercompany eliminations/multi-entity consolidation is a MUST
- Experience with healthcare and insurance industries a plus
- Experience with NetSuite or equivalent ERP
- Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheets and general computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Healthcare equality is at the center of Devoted’s mission to treat our members like family. We are committed to a diverse and vibrant workforce. If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths and life experiences will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.