Principal Product Designer
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
Why Devoted: Make a difference... a big difference. You will have the opportunity, in a unique and dynamic culture, to be a part of something incredibly meaningful. We’re a disruptive startup with an inspiring mission. Learn and grow alongside our world-class team of healthcare, technology, and data leaders, dedicated to building a health plan and clinical services that care for everyone like they were our own mothers or fathers. Our team and board members have decades of experience in health care entrepreneurship, data, technology, services, and policy. With their support, we look forward to building a health plan and clinical services that will give seniors easy access to the high-quality care they deserve.
A bit more about this role: Technology does amazing things in our daily lives, yet often is a source of pain and confusion within health care. In this role you will design tools that empower the Devoted clinical teams to improve health outcomes of our members. We are looking for a talented Product Designer with a strong background in interaction design to be a strategic design contributor and lead design projects. While you are strongest with interaction design, you can manage a design process from research to concept to execution: you use research to understand user needs, you work with complicated data and content to organize information into usable taxonomies and navigation, you make complex interactions feel simple, and you polish your experience into a beautiful UI. We want people who are passionate about building great technology to solve problems for users—our members, our colleagues, and ourselves. You should work seamlessly with stakeholders and cross-functional partners to prioritize, and deliver delightful user experiences that put Devoted members first.
- Drive ideas from concept to production, from user research to sketching to wireframing to coordinating with engineering teams on prototyping and implementation
- Create usable and engaging product experiences that drive key business outcomes
- Leverage a systems thinking approach to design and deploy thoughtful, reusable design patterns
- Use data to guide or steer team decisions that put our member’s needs first
- Ability to drive projects forward with confidence, humility, empathy, humor, and a proactive curiosity
- Portfolio that illustrates your depth of user-centered product design experience on a variety of projects that demonstrate user experience and business impact
- Passion for breaking down and simplifying complex problems
- Judgment to simultaneously solve for short and long-term business value.
- Drive design vision and iterate quickly on loosely scoped, ever-evolving projects
- Track record of closely collaborating with other designers, product managers, business stakeholders, engineers, and QA in fast-paced, agile development environments
- Strong understanding of applied product design best practices
- Keen attention to detail in a hyper compliant environment
- Healthcare background desired, but not necessary
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.