Utilization Management Clinical Operations Team Coordinator
Clinical Operations /
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
As the Clinical Operations Coordinator at Devoted you will work in our Waltham office and support the medical management operations of the health plan. You’ll be an important part of helping us build strong relationships with network health care providers through outreach and follow-up communication. This is a fast paced company that will come with ebb, flows and last minute changes. A successful candidate will be outgoing, detail-oriented and have a natural talent for customer service. We often require management of several tasks at once so enthusiasm and organization are key.
Responsibilities will include:
- Triaging/entering incoming PA requests.
- Reaching out to hospitals and provider offices to obtain important clinical documentation.
- Contacting hospitals and provider groups to ensure communication of clinical decisions.
- Managing clinical contact lists for hospitals and provider groups.
- Providing operational support for key medical management processes enabling nurses and physicians to make efficient, high-quality decisions
Attributes to success:
- Things move swiftly at a startup - enjoying a fast paced environment is key
- Love the details and organizational skills are a strong-suit
- Understanding urgency and having the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- You’re a problem solver by nature - schedules will change, things will come up, the printer will break, people will ask you for help
- You can see the process and ways to make it better
- Ability & agility to multitask - you may be asked to do several things and need to change plans mid day
- Great communication skills - you’ll be talking and faxing with providers, partners
- You feel accountable for the work you’re responsible for
- A calming presence - sometimes the days are ‘hair on fire’ and you’ll be the person people turn to for support
Desired skills and experience:
- 1-3 years of administrative/office experience
- Proficient in technology - you’ll be working in Gmail /G Suite
- A history of being organized and having high attention to detail - it’s the little things that matter
- Prior experience in utilization management preferred
Healthcare equality is at the center of Devoted’s mission to treat our members like family. We are committed to a diverse and vibrant workforce. If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths and life experiences will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.