Medical Director, Devoted Medical Group Texas
Houston, TX /
Devoted Medical Group /
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
This position represents an amazing opportunity for an ambitious clinician-leader with an entrepreneurial streak. As the Medical Director of Devoted Medical Group of Texas, you will be helping lead the creation and growth of our virtual and home-based clinical team in Texas. We have people in this role who are early-mid career and those who are later in their career; the keys to success.
In the role of Medical Director for Devoted Medical Group (DMG) of Texas you will be responsible for guiding the implementation of DMG in Texas to deliver world class health care in the home to support our members and their primary care doctors. On a day to day basis, you’d be responsible for: Performing clinical house calls for Devoted members, supporting them and their doctors to coordinate the kind of care that you would want for a beloved family member. Supporting the Health Plan’s efforts in delivering high quality care through achieving excellent Stars/HEDIS performance and optimizing appropriate risk adjustment. With the support of the existing DMG team in Waltham, MA and Florida, hiring and onboarding practice administration physicians, nurse practitioners, medical assistants, and other clinicians to work alongside you. Teaching, managing, and learning from your clinical colleagues, particularly a team of nurse practitioners for whom you would be the supervising physician. Developing and implementing clinical programs and service lines to achieve the medical group’s goals. Building and maintaining key relationships with local and regional primary care physicians and health systems to grow DMG in Texas and help identify members who may be most in need of our home based clinical services. Working closely with the clinical and operational leadership of DMG as well as your colleagues in Devoted’s Texas office to design and expand a model for the virtual and home-based practice in Texas. Identify and troubleshoot barriers to delivering outstanding, high-value care, and critically evaluate the clinical quality performance and operational efficiency of DMG in Texas.
At the end of the day, your goal in this position is to ensure that every member in DMG Texas gets the care that you would want for a beloved family member. If so, we will achieve our goals of 5-Stars, appropriate coding, and lower total cost of care through reduced unnecessary hospitalizations. In this role, we will also help and support you to learn and gain the experiences that you need to achieve your career development goals, which might include growing your career into more senior levels of leadership at a payor or provider organization.
Attributes to Success:
- You are an entrepreneurial self starter who loves clinical medicine and is enthusiastic about diving in to design and lead a house call practice that will deliver world-class care to our members in Texas.
- You’re a happy warrior - as long as you’re in a great environment with smart, caring people all working together toward a common airm, you’re comfortable working hard.
- You’re wired for learning and change, not being afraid to fail.
- You have a passion for making healthcare better, solving complex problems, and supporting the delivery of healthcare that we would want for our own family members.
- You enjoy a fast-paced, high-energy, growing organization.
- We improve how we do things at a rapid pace, but this means managing a lot of change.
- Agility and collaboration are critical to your success - we are a new organization and have a start-up mentality.
- Thinking about the big picture is key for you, but YOU sweat the details.
- You have great clinical and non-clinical judgment.
Skills and Experience:
- A licensed physician with ideally 3 or more years working in ambulatory clinical practice (internal medicine, geriatrics, palliative care, or family medicine preferred) who is willing to continue practicing clinical medicine in the context of house calls.
- Experience performing house calls, managing other clinicians, and caring for Medicare patients.
- Experience designing and implementing interventions to improve population health (i.e. transitions of care, chronic care management).
- Experience working in interdisciplinary teams.
- Comfort interfacing with technical teams and technology based solutions.
- An understanding of how different health care payment models work including managed care models and how to measure and track care quality.
- Must live or be willing to relocate to Houston, TX.
Healthcare equality is at the center of Devoted’s mission to treat our members like family. We are committed to a diverse and vibrant workforce. If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths and life experiences will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.