Sales Director (AZ)
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit more about this role: We are looking for a Managing Sales Director who has experience running a successful Medicare Advantage sales team. This will be a hands-on role with the expectation to roll-up one’s sleeves and be out in the field with the sales team building relationships with prospects, providers, brokers, and community influencers while collaborating with Devoted leadership and cross-functional departments.
Responsibilities will include:
- Recruitment, development, management and success of sales team comprised of Career Sales Agents, Community Outreach Specialists, and administrative staff.
- Build and maintain relationships with local FMO/GAs and contracted agents.
- Ability to help create and execute upon a sales strategy.
- Ensure market adherence to Medicare guidelines and compliance regulations.
- Oversight and success of the career and contracted external agent channels on a local level.
- Achievement of sales goals and retention expectations.
- Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to achieve intended results.
Attributes to success:
- A passion to make a difference in people’s lives and to improve the overall healthcare system in America.
- Charismatic leadership skills.
- Stellar communication skills.
- Ability to easily adapt to an agile work environment.
- Technically savvy.
- Team player who is customer-service oriented.
- Ability to establish trust and credibility at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to successfully balance time in the field with administrative duties including reporting, budget tracking, meetings with leadership and other departments, etc.
Desired skills and experience:
- Management experience leading a Medicare Advantage sales team.
- Local knowledge of the Medicare environment and competitive landscape.
- Local relationships with FMOs/GAs, brokers, and providers.
- Strong understanding of local competitive landscape.
- Active health insurance license in good standing.
- College degree required. MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Unrestricted Driver's License
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.