Operations Performance Improvement (OPI) Manager
Waltham, MA /
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit about the role:
The Operations Performance Manager within the Operations Performance Improvement group drives data-driven decision-making by providing and aiding in the interpretation of critical performance data to internal business leaders across the organization. He/she partners with operations leadership to assess performance, better understand business problems and their root causes, and leverage data to position the organization for operational sustainability and success. The ideal candidate has strong business acumen, superb problem solving and communication skills, and a deep desire to solution and implement incremental continuous improvements.
- Partner with Operations, Product, and Data Science to facilitate cross-functional engagements and drive measurable operational improvements
- Analyze performance data to identify root causes/greatest opportunities for improvement and succinctly summarize findings and resultant recommendations
- Create tools/data sets to support day-to-day performance management and growth planning
- Proactively identify and pursue opportunities to better position the organization for scalability
- Effectively manage day-to-day activities of engagement teams to ensure timely, comprehensive completion of engagements
- Coach, mentor, and provide feedback to team members as needed
- Effectively influence decision-making
- Continuously promote data-driven decision-making and actively contribute to organizational development and ongoing optimization
Attributes to success:
- Outstanding analytical reasoning skills
- Ability to synthesize complex information autonomously Advanced understanding of business process analysis, project management, and change management approaches and principles
- Exceptional communication skills with ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; ability to influence and to build credibility quickly and effectively
- Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities; ability to think and act strategically across multiple business, technology, and program delivery concepts
- Outstanding leadership and organizational awareness skills with strong understanding of business context/impact of work
- Ability to quickly jump between macro (enterprise-wide) and micro (business process-specific) Ability to effectively navigate ambiguous situations autonomously
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks with tight deadlines with ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, result-driven environment
- Self-starter; high degree of initiative
Desired skills and experience:
- 5-7 years of relevant business experience, including 3+ years of demonstrated experience in operations, consulting, and/or process improvement role
- Demonstrated progression of leadership, responsibility, knowledge, and experience
- Personnel and/or cross-functional project management strongly preferred
- Health plan experience strongly preferred
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.