Waltham, MA /
Finance & Accounting /
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit about this role:
The Procurement Manager will join the Finance team to support organization-wide compliance and administration of contracts. This role is responsible for managing the proposal, contract negotiation, vendor selection, and vendor onboarding processes. For key functions or high-dollar contracts, may solicit bids via request for proposals (RFP), lead negotiations, and manage the RFP process through contract execution. The Procurement Manager will work collaboratively with Finance, Compliance, and Legal departments to develop and optimize the company’s vendor management processes and systems. In addition, the Procurement Manager will act as a strategic advisor to the organization by identifying opportunities to streamline processes, better share resources, and identify cost savings opportunities to drive down administrative expenses. The ideal candidate will possess an intellectual curiosity and passion to move the business forward by building highly scalable processes and delivering insightful analyses.
- Support the build of a scalable vendor management processes, including streamline the processes and generate and disseminate timely and insightful reports for the business and to better forecast and track vendors
- Assist department leads through any vendor proposals and contract negotiations, including applicable performance guarantees
- Build an in-depth understanding of business functions and seek out opportunities to better share resources across the enterprise
- Support the organization in any audits, reviews, or regulator requests
- Partner with Accounting counterparts (Accounts Payable) to ensure timely and accurate reporting of our financials
- Ensure compliance with applicable state and federal laws to ensure compliance with CMS, OIG, and other regulators, as well as guidelines relating to the Office of Inspector General (OIG), HIPAA, SOC2, and/or accreditation agencies, and all other regulators
Attributes to success:
- Must be highly organized, hands on, and able to be a contributor on day one
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous start-up environment
- Lead the organization in development and optimization of our procurement and vendor management operations
- Ability to identify actions necessary to complete tasks and obtain results while establishing trust and credibility at all levels of the organization
- Maintain high ethical standards at all times, to include maintaining the confidentiality of financial and other sensitive information consistent with moral, professional and regulatory requirements
Desired skills and experience:
- 5+ years' experience in vendor management and/or procurement
- Undergraduate and/or Graduate degree in business
- Mastery of the entire vendor management process
- Proven experience building and launching new processes in an organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior healthcare or insurance experience a plus
- Experience with SQL a plus
Healthcare equality is at the center of Devoted’s mission to treat our members like family. We are committed to a diverse and vibrant workforce. If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths and life experiences will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.