Member Experience - Operations Analyst
Waltham, MA /
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit more about this role:
We are aiming to build a consumer experience on par with the world’s most beloved brands—Apple, Amazon, USAA, and others—by building a health plan that cares for members like family.
Devoted Health’s Member Experience team is entrusted with R&D and operational execution to deliver on that aspiration. This team includes four functions that collectively work to make members feel supported and cared for as they navigate the health care system:
1. Member Service Guide: a team of big-hearted problem-solvers who answer our members’ questions, troubleshoot issues they encounter, and coach them on navigating the health care system
2. Member Engagement & Experience: architects a coordinated and easy member experience, managing member communications and digital member engagement
3. Devoted Community: builds partnerships and delivers case management services addressing the social determinants of health (e.g. financial assistance, food, housing, transportation)
4. Voice of the Member: reviews member grievances and appeals, identifying issues in member experience and advocating for members
The Operations Analyst will be responsible for bringing data-driven insight to these functions, helping them to understand what members are telling us, how our operations are performing, and how we can scale these operations to continue caring for members like family as we scale. The Analyst will report to the Head of Member Experience and partner with the leaders of the four member experience functions to help them make decisions on their strategy and operations. The Analyst will also share insights from member data with other leaders around Devoted across our operational, clinical, and market teams.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent attention to detail and accuracy and will enjoy rolling up their sleeves. You should be analytically oriented, ready to leverage data and quick problem solving to make effective decisions. You should love the puzzle of using data to answer questions and make pragmatic trade-offs between speed and rigor. Additionally, you should be comfortable taking ownership of your piece of the business and have a desire to learn and take on more responsibility as you and your role evolve with Devoted.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analyze, synthesize, and communicate insights on member experience and member feedback
- Analyze call drivers and daily indicators of emerging issues
- Interpret results of surveys (disenrollment, call satisfaction, NPS, CAHPS)
- Communicate insights and partner with operational leaders to identify actions to improve member experience
- Forecast operational volumes and help managers build schedules to match supply and demand
- Help build a business plan to scale the operations that deliver Devoted’s member experience
- Identify highest impact levers to improve quality and productivity
- Develop analytical tools to support Guide productivity improvement and performance management: quality trends, call scorecards, variation in workflows
- Build models to target proactive outreach to help members stay healthy
- Segment members based on engagement and sentiment and identify highest-impact groups for outreach
- Query member data to help operationalize outbound call or SMS campaigns
- Analyze the impact of member experience programs and investments, using data to support recommendations on strategy decisions
- Measure key outcomes for campaigns or programs (e.g. Welcome Calls, SMS campaigns, Community Guide visits)Develop recommendations for what to scale and what to stop doing
Attributes to success:
- Big heart: you love data, but you also see that caring for members like family means loving and serving each individual
- Big eyes: you dream of and imagine a radically kinder and better future for Devoted’s members
- Strong attention to detail, organized and thorough with a desire for continuous process improvements
- Ability to balance multiple initiatives and prioritize workload
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- High level of self-motivation; ability to accomplish goals independently
- Passion to build an organization
Desired skills and experience:
- 3+ years in roles that required analytical problem-solving and interpretation of data
- Strong analytical skills and fluency in SQL and/or Python
- Fast learner, can pick up new content/industries quickly in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Comfortable using spreadsheets and other tools to build models to inform business decisions
- Proven organizational, communication, and informal leadership skills
- Self-starter and team player who can build relationships with a wide range of partners and approaches challenges with a can-do attitude; you’re self-reflective.
- Previous health care experience a plus
- Contact the Devoted Recruiter for details! linkedin.com/in/sara-spugnardi
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.