Waltham, MA /
Finance & Accounting /
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit more about this role:
The Finance Manager will join the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team as a trusted strategic advisor to the Head of FP&A and CFO. This role is responsible for managing the forecast process and providing insightful analysis on the financial performance of the business. The Finance Manager will work collaboratively with various department leads to develop the company’s financial plan, assess the company’s financial performance, and support messaging of the plan to key stakeholders, including the Board of Directors and the investment community. In addition, the Finance Manager will act as a strategic advisor to operational teams in driving down administrative expenses, helping identify cost drivers and setting out a path for Devoted to achieve industry-leading efficiency in operations. The ideal candidate will possess an intellectual curiosity and passion to move the business forward though insightful analyses to assist senior management in driving decisions for optimal results.
Responsibilities will include:
- Build an in-depth understanding of key business drivers and communicate how these drivers impact the strategic and financial future of the company.
- Work closely with senior management and partner with the business to prepare annual Budget, quarterly forecasts, monthly statements, strategic analysis, and ad-hoc analysis.
- Execute the budget to actual process across departments and subsidiaries and report on progress against targets
- Develop and maintain financial reports to optimize forecasting, tracking and analysis of key performance indicators.
- Develop cash forecast, track results and suggest ways to improve cash management.
- Work closely with the People team to develop the hiring plan for all functions and track progress of headcount changes.
- Partner with Accounting counterparts to build processes that ensure timely and accurate reporting of our financials
- Manage the process of sharing key managerial and financial reporting with certain investors
- Support the build of FP&A technologies to streamline FP&A processes, scale the FP&A function, and generate timely and insightful reports for the business
Attributes to success:
- Must be analytical, hands on, and able to be a contributor on day one.
- Intellectually curious with desire to understand and quantify business drivers
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous start-up environment where everyday we try to develop and optimize our operations.
- Ability to identify actions necessary to complete tasks and obtain results while establishing trust and credibility at all levels of the organization.
- Maintain high ethical standards at all times, to include maintaining the confidentiality of financial and other sensitive information consistent with moral, professional and regulatory requirements.
Desired skills and experience:
- Ability to work in a startup, fast paced environment
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in accounting, finance or business
- Proven analytical, financial modeling, and spreadsheet skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience conducting several annual/quarterly planning cycles a plus
- Experience with SQL and/or NetSuite a plus
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.