Medical Administrative Assistant (Florida)
Devoted Medical Group
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
In addition to starting a new health plan, Devoted Health, Inc has launched Devoted Medical
Group (DMG), an innovative, world-class, home-based care program in South Florida that will
care for patients in their home. The purpose of DMG is to provide all the care that our patients
need that is not currently available between a member’s PCP and the hospital. This includes
care for frail, older adults who can’t always make it in to see their doctor, patients recently
discharged from the hospital, and patients who have gaps in their care or have not seen a PCP
recently. We need a Medical Administrative Assistant to help our team operate smoothly while
gaining momentum to take on expanded enrollment in the years to come.
Responsibilities will include:
- Practice Operations
- Contact prospective patients to introduce them to DMG services and schedule appointments
- Schedule clinical visits efficiently in order to minimize the amount of time that clinicians spend driving between visits
- Ensure that medical records from house calls are transmitted to members’ PCPs within 24 hours of the visit
- Maintain the back-office infrastructure for DMG (including electronic health record, fax line, and visit scheduling systems)
- Support procurement of necessary clinical and non-clinical materials
- Clinician Support
- Check in with providers after visits to receive feedback and follow ups
- Manage administrative follow up items on behalf of providers, ensuring that patient care is coordinated and seamless
- Reach out to PCPs’ offices to discuss enrolling their patients in our services and coordinate follow up care after we’ve seen a patient
- Communicate frequently with team members and leadership; ensure all follow up tasks are closed out
Attributes to success:
- You're an entrepreneurial self-starter able to help take a new house-call business from it’s early stages to a multi-state organization supporting thousands of patients
- You have excellent attention to detail and follow through, ensuring no patient’s need gets left behind
- You excel at solving complex problems but you’re also very happy to make a “to do” list, roll up your sleeves, and get these tasks done
- You are aware of what you know and are able to ask for help when you don’t
- You have a passion for making healthcare better; supporting the delivery of care that we would want for your own family members
- You enjoy a fast-paced, high-energy, growing organization
- You are committed to continuous improvement, and live by the credo “practice makes better”
Desired skills and experience:
- Ability to work in a startup, fast-paced environment
- Relentless attention to detail in managing follow ups for our patients
- 2+ years professional experience, at least one of which is in medical administrative or medical group support role
- Skills to manage schedules, logistics, purchasing ... all the day-to-day details of running a business
- Ability to engage with stakeholders (patients, colleagues, and clinicians outside the organization) from a variety of backgrounds, organizational levels and cultures
- Preferred interest in LPN or Medical Assistant experience
- Extra interest in bilingual Spanish speakers or experience engaging across various cultures
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.