Member Outreach Supervisor- Hybrid Remote
Houston, TX /
Devoted Medical Group /
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
"We want to partner with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us."
Our Clinical Outreach Team has the opportunity to make a difference every single day in the complex world of health care. We help connect members with care providers, enroll them in clinical programs, and empower them to more easily navigate the healthcare system. We aim to treat every member as we would our own family.
The Clinical Outreach Supervisor will be responsible for supervising a team of Outreach Specialists and improving our operations. You will be managing and supporting your team to be successful, including: training and coaching, oversight of call queues, and improvement of workflows and processes. Beyond these formal duties you will help build a culture that enables your team to be their best authentic, caring, and emotionally intelligent selves in their interactions with members.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead a team of ~14 Outreach Specialists at varying skill levels
- Provide coaching & training to assist in exceeding member expectations and getting members the care they need
- Manage team to achieve performance goals in: number of calls made, connection and acceptance rate, campaign objectives, and call quality
- Conduct side-by-side observations, review calls for quality monitoring and regularly hold 1x1 feedback sessions
- Speak with escalated members in a professional and courteous manner in an effort to quickly reach an effective resolution
- Handle calls to help cover occasional surges in call volume
- Analyze trends based on historical data to close performance gaps ensuring goals are met
- Provides team with individual performance metrics to help support their development
- Make recommendations and/or take corrective action to manage team performance as appropriate
- Develop and refine workflows and processes to support the team
- Oversee new clinical programs that the team is handling on behalf of Devoted business partners
- Effectively interview and recommend candidates for hire
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to help create a fast learning environment with a focus on member resolution
- Advocate for your team by identifying training, tech and/or process related needs that will improve the member and/or employee experience
- Create a transparent team culture where both positive and critical feedback is comfortably exchanged on a daily basis
Attributes to success:
- A deep caring to make a change in the healthcare experience: you love to serve and make a difference
- You’ve had proven success in managing and coaching people and helping them be successful
- You help create environments of safety and joy for the teams you manage
- The ability to work in a startup environment: which means being transparent in your work, what’s going well, what’s not
- You work well in ambiguity and roll with the punches
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Being adaptable to change: as we look to make things better - we will change things as we go and grow!
Desired skills and experience:
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a supervisory role
- Health insurance or healthcare experience (Medicare Advantage a plus)
- You’re a great leader and team player with a can-do attitude; you’re self- reflective
- Must be commutable to our TX office when we return to it post-Covid
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you! If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths and life experiences will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Where permitted by applicable law, candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified employees with disabilities or for a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.