Waltham, MA /
Finance & Accounting /
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit about this role:
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day financial operations of the accounting team and will oversee all areas of general accounting; including the month-end close, accounts payable, and payroll processes. This role will report directly to the Assistant Controller.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead monthly, quarterly and year-end financial close processes
- Prepare and review journal entries
- Review all monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Manage day to day financial operations with accounting team (AP, AR, GL)
- Responsible for the monthly consolidation of all legal entities, and proper reconciliation of elimination transactions and balances
- Assist in treasury tasks including cash flow forecasts
- Assist in the reconciliation and recording of premium revenue
- Oversight and training of new and existing staff, as needed
- Assist in all audits Assist with financial reporting requirements
- Assist with workflow improvements and documentation
Attributes to success:
- A demonstrable track record of success / delivery in a changing and complex start-up environment
- Positive, energetic, optimistic attitude, willing to proactively roll up your sleeves
- Team player who is customer-service oriented
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Ability to adhere to policies and procedures
- Must be analytical, hands on, and able to be a contributor on day one
- Ability to independently manage multiple demands and meet deadlines
- Ability to identify actions necessary to complete tasks and obtain results
- Maintain high ethical standards at all times, to include maintaining the confidentiality of financial and other sensitive information consistent with moral, professional and regulatory requirements
Desired skills and experience:
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with a minimum of 10+ years of progressive experience in accounting with 5+ years supervisory
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance; CPA preferred
- Experience with inter-company transactions and eliminations a must
- Experience with deferred rent accounting
- Experience with equity accounting
- Experience with healthcare and insurance industries
- Experience with NetSuite
- Intermediate proficiency with excel (v-lookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.