Market Data Analyst
Houston, TX /
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit about this role:
This newly created role will be responsible for data analysis to support the market provider performance teams across all markets. The candidate will need to have experience with Risk Medicare Advantage (MA) financials, understand contract parameters, and be able to dive deep into claims research. This position will work closely with the market team (sales & network) and tech/data team to drive insights. This role will report to our Lead Market President and will be an integral part of our go to market team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Produce monthly risk provider (one for each) reporting package for network team to review and deliver
- Participate in Joint Operating Committees and other provider meetings
- Act as point person to take lead on reconciling provider data mismatches (provider claims we are wrong)
- Deep dive into suspect (incorrectly paid) claims affecting risk providers such as Incentive Care/Gessler Baycare high cost claims
- Deep dive into troubled risk providers’ financials to identify areas of improvement
Attributes to success:
- You are a Doer. You love being hands-on; getting into the weeds, doing the research, and utilizing best practices to improve processes
- You are collaborative, driven, resourceful, and you enjoy working at the intersection of Finance and Technology
- You possess excellent communication skills, including ability to clearly articulate needs, objectives, priorities, and strategy
- You are skilled at interpreting and distilling information from one source, and translating that information into sensical terms for another source
- You have a passion for improving U.S. healthcare, and a desire to continue to build your knowledge base within the vertical
Desired skills and experience:
- 7+ years’ experience, with 5+ years in a payor-based analytical role
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, and work within a fast-paced startup environment
- You have experience in risk, provider financials, and insurance
- You have deep knowledge of Medicare Advantage and Medicare HMO
- You have a track record of success collaborating with Tech partners
- Experience with SQL (basic skills)
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.