Clinical Care Coordinator - Medical Assistant
Miramar, FL /
Devoted Medical Group /
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit more about this role:
The clinical care coordinator is an integral part of our interdisciplinary home based (house calls + telehealth) medical practice called Devoted Medical Group (DMG). DMG is focused on delivering multiple clinical services to our Devoted Health members including comprehensive wellness visits, transitions of care visits, monthly longitudinal visits for our most complex and frail members, and on-demand urgent care visits. We are delivering care in South Florida and Central/West Florida.
In the role of clinical care coordinator you will be a liaison extraordinaire between our healthcare services and Devoted members. You will work closely with our clinicians to provide high touch telehealth visits and support our clinical team through identifying care gaps and working with our members to coordinate across a fragmented healthcare system. This may include communicating and working with PCP offices, coordinating pharmacy services, and helping manage the durable medical equipment (DME), home health care, imaging, and laboratory testing needs of our members. Through these efforts you will be a strong advocate for the members you work with, helping improve adherence to a plan of care and facilitating health and disease education. At the end of the day, your goal in this position is to ensure that every member gets the care that you would want for a beloved family member leading to better health outcomes and a superior care experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Greeting members and helping them feel at ease as the first “face” from DMG that they see or hear over video/telephone prior to the start of a telehealth visit.
- Helping intake members for a telehealth visit including clinical activities such as medication reconciliation, health screenings (PHQ9, etc), and identifying a problem list. The most common visit types will be comprehensive wellness visits and transitions of care visits.
- Through the process of visit intakes, you will become proficient in the use of our electronic health record, Athenahealth.
- Working with our members to seamlessly log into their telehealth visits and to tackle any technical issues during the process.
- Coordinating with PCPs on medical record collection, information gathering, setting up and confirming appointments, and submitting outbound communications from DMG.
- Coordinating to help our members obtain lab testing and imaging and to track results diligently to ensure that they are reviewed by the ordering clinician.
- Working with our home health partners to coordinate DME and skilled nursing services.
- Helping members with pharmacy needs including identifying and enrolling members in patient assistance programs, processing refills, helping complete coverage determinations (formulary or tiering exceptions), and identifying and enrolling members in alternative medication delivery options such as Pillpack, Medminder, and mail-order.
- Serving as an advocate for our members when they call DMG for care coordination issues both through answering and returning phone calls.
- Helping triage clinical and non-clinical issues from members to the appropriate teams (clinicians, practice management, high risk nurse, social worker).
- Supporting and coaching members to improve management of their chronic condition(s), and to optimize adherence with medications and care plans.
Attributes to success:
- You love helping others improve their health and navigate a complex healthcare system with compassion, empathy, and warmth.
- You are comfortable performing care coordination for a predominantly elderly Medicare population.
- You are able to ease the stress and anxiety of members during difficult times.
- You have a natural ability to successfully communicate and interact with different stakeholders in a member’s life from doctors to pharmacies to nurses to caregivers.
- You are comfortable working with members over video and phone.
- You are an entrepreneurial self starter who enjoys taking the initiative but are also a great team player willing to work hard to achieve a common aim.
- Agility and collaboration are critical to your success - we are a new organization and have a start-up mentality.
- You are comfortable engaging and learning new technologies including electronic health records (Athenahealth) and different computer platforms, operating systems and programs (Google Chrome, Google Sheets).
- You have a passion for supporting the delivery of healthcare that we would want for our own family.
- You enjoy a fast-paced, high-energy, growing organization.
Desired skills and experience:
- An Associates degree or higher in the sciences or a related field.
- Certification of Medical Assistant (CMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA).
- Two (2) years of outpatient experience with a bonus if you have experience with telehealth or house call visits.
- Preference given to candidates with geriatric experience or experience caring for a Medicare population.
- Fully bilingual preferred (English/Spanish) but not required.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.