Waltham, MA /
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
Devoted Health is a new healthcare company looking to improve the lives of seniors in America. With aging demographics and rising health costs, this is an industry and problem space that needs today’s best talent working on solutions with high integrity and a long term view. We will improve the lives of seniors by helping them navigate the healthcare system, by utilizing world-class technology and data to enable a simplified experience, by partnering with top providers for better health outcomes.
Make a difference... a big difference. You will have the opportunity in a unique and dynamic culture to be a part of something incredibly meaningful. We’re a disruptive startup with an inspiring mission. Learn and grow alongside our world-class team of healthcare, technology, and data leaders, dedicated to building a health plan and clinical services that care for everyone like they were members of our own family. Our team and board members have decades of experience in health care entrepreneurship, data, technology, services, and policy. With their support, we are building a health plan and clinical services that will give seniors easy access to the high-quality care they deserve.
A bit more about this role:
This Enrollment Specialist, Waltham MA works collaboratively with the team to execute the day-to-day business processes required to support the delivery of critical health services: application intake, eligibility determination, enrollment processing to Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services, daily analysis of transaction reporting and validation of member materials. In this role you will demonstrate compliance with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services guidance, Devoted Health policy and Membership Operations procedures/protocols. As Enrollment Specialist, you will collaborate with designated staff from internal Sales Support and Member Guides, external vendors and partners, and other teams to develop and enhance solutions to improve the member’s overall experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Process inbound Enrollment documentation: applications, creditable coverage attestation, disenrollment request, premium payments and other member documentation.
- Oversee entry of enrollment applications in Devoted Health’s enrollment system for new enrolees.
- Investigate and research potential invalid requests received by the plan to resolve errors.
- Process member updates in Devoted Health’s enrollment system to ensure alignment with CMS records.
- Meet accuracy and timeliness requirements for processing enrollment transactions
- Collaborate with team members to ensure Devoted Health’s membership records are reconciled and aligns with CMS’s records.
- Assist Team Lead in the collection of enrollment data for CMS monthly reporting
- Use mail and documentation management systems and workflows for scanning and storing enrollment correspondence.
Attributes of Success
- Highly organized and detail-driven
- Compliance-driven; works well in a fast-paced environment with firm deliverables and timeframes
- Curiosity to recognize process deficiencies, recommend improvements and implement solutions.
- Flexibility and willingness to change according to business needs
- Compassion for healthcare challenges facing the Medicare population
- Ability to accommodate overtime and/or a rotating schedule in accordance with work volume demands.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to work in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or in the process of obtaining
- Knowledge of Medicare Operations guidance
- Demonstrate the ability to achieve short term goals in 4-6 week intervals
- Strong communication
Healthcare equality is at the center of Devoted’s mission to treat our members like family. We are committed to a diverse and vibrant workforce. If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths and life experiences will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.