Clinical Documentation Improvement Coder
Miami-Dade, FL /
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit more about this role:
The role of Clinical Documentation Improvement Coder is a key part of Devoted’s Quality & Risk Adjustment strategy. This position helps to ensure the accuracy of diagnostic information and coding (ICD-10 CM) by performing medical chart reviews. The Clinical Documentation Improvement Coder will perform these duties in accordance with ICD-10 CM coding guidelines, internal coding protocols and CMS guidance. The ideal candidate must possess outstanding communication skills and experience in building relationships with our providers and represent the Devoted Health mission to treat all Members and key partners like family. This role will assist with provider education, guidance and trainings related to diagnostic documentation and coding. This role requires some domestic travel to meet with and educate providers and support staff in office locations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide timely feedback and interpersonal education to provider groups.
- Perform Medical Record reviews based on organizational priorities. This will include concurrent Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) work flows, including potential pre-visit curation and post-visit feedback
- Assist in creating and communicating provider and vendor education regarding trends and areas of opportunity regarding compliant coding practices.
- Assist CDI Manager by making recommendations for process improvements to further enhance coding quality goals and outcomes.
- Remain current on ICD-10-CM coding guidelines, AHA Coding Clinic Guidance and CMS Risk Adjustment guidance.
- Handle other related duties as required or assigned
Desired skills and experience:
- Ability to travel to up to an 80-mile radius to provider offices in the Lakeland/Central FL area
- BA/BS in Nursing preferred but not required
- 3+ years as an outpatient CDI or 5+ years in risk adjustment coding
- CPC or CRC certification through AAPC or CDI or CCS certification through AHIMA
- Prior CPT coding a plus
Attributes to success:
- Ability to work in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Embrace, crave and be comfortable with new and ever-changing technologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multitask
Healthcare equality is at the center of Devoted’s mission to treat our members like family. We are committed to a diverse and vibrant workforce. If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths and life experiences will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.