Nurse Practitioner (Telehealth and House Call Program)
San Antonio, TX /
Devoted Medical Group /
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
Make a difference... a big difference. You will have the opportunity, in a unique and dynamic culture, to be a part of something incredibly meaningful. We’re a disruptive startup with an inspiring mission. Learn and grow alongside our world-class team of healthcare, technology, and data leaders, dedicated to building a health plan and clinical services that care for everyone like they were our own mothers or fathers. Our team and board members have decades of experience in health policy, clinical services, data and technology. With their support, we look forward to building a health plan and clinical services that will give seniors easy access to the high-quality care they deserve.
A bit more about this role:
This position represents an amazing opportunity for a caring nurse practitioner (APRN) with an entrepreneurial streak to help build and staff our growing home based / telehealth medical group called Devoted Medical Group (DMG). Your primary focus will be in delivering world class care through comprehensive assessment visits, transitions of care visits, and longitudinal disease and chronic care management. One of DMG’s missions is to bring care to where our members live meaning your visits will be a combination of home based care as well as virtual telehealth care. You will also utilize and help improve our home-grown technology and electronic health information platform through these visits. On a day to day basis you will work closely with co-clinicians at DMG including physicians and APRNs as well as medical assistants, documentation experts, amazing practice administrators, and our close social work and clinical nurse partners at Devoted Health Plan. You will help design a scalable operating model for the practice in San Antonio, TX and think creatively about the best ways to deliver high quality and effective care through great clinical medicine and technology.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conduct home based visits (drive to member’s home) and telehealth video visits to members in San Antonio, TX. In some instances when appropriate and compliant you may also provide telehealth visits to members located in other geographies,
- Perform comprehensive assessment visits (CAVs) including comprehensive diagnosis/disease review, medication review, assessment for quality of care (Stars/Hedis) interventions as well as social and home health/DME needs.
- Perform transitions of care visits providing member education around red flags, medication management, PCP/specialist coordination, and home health/DME coordination.
- Perform longitudinal chronic and disease management care in such areas such as diabetes, hypertension, and CHF. Perform appropriate diagnostic tests including mobile screenings and fingerstick tests.
- Work closely with other members of the member’s care team including their PCP, specialists, and other Devoted team members including pharmacy, clinical nursing, and social work as well as interfacing with family members and caregivers in order to coordinate care for the member and deliver a collaborative care plan.
- Utilize our home grown electronic health information system for visits while also providing feedback on how to improve the interface.
Desired skills and experience:
- An APRN licensed to practice in Texas with 3 or more years working in outpatient clinical practice. Prior home based practice is a plus but not necessary.
- Experience in primary care, family medicine, geriatrics, and/or palliative care.
- Experience performing visits over telehealth video platforms.
- An understanding of managed care is a plus, including how to appropriately assess for Stars/Hedis measures, code clinical comorbidities, and identify clinical care gaps.
- Experience in quality improvement as it relates to transitions of care and chronic care management is a plus. A strong desire to continue practicing clinical nursing and perform house calls as well as virtual visits - you believe in the mission of bringing care to where the patient lives.
- Extra interest in bilingual Spanish speakers or strong cultural competencies across a range of cultures
Attributes to success:
- You have great clinical and non-clinical judgment.
- You are thorough and take the time to address the needs of your patients.
- You are deeply empathetic and humanistic, and want to go the last mile for your patients.
- You enjoy a fast-paced, high-energy, organization. Agility and collaboration are key as we will change and improve quickly.
- You love the idea of helping build a new practice from the ground up.
- You welcome learning and using new technologies that are being developed in parallel. You thrive on knowing your work can help make these technologies better for you and your patients.
- You learn from every experience and are not afraid to fail - that's how you're wired.
- Finally and most importantly, you have a passion for making healthcare better, solving complex problems, and supporting the delivery of healthcare that we would want for our own family members.
Healthcare equality is at the center of Devoted’s mission to treat our members like family. We are committed to a diverse and vibrant workforce. If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths and life experiences will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.