Clinical Pharmacist (Bilingual - English/Spanish)
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit more about this role:
This position represents an amazing opportunity for a motivated, bilingual clinical pharmacist to join a high performing clinical pharmacy team. You’ll be working closely with our members to ensure they are taking their medications as prescribed and providing them the tools to successfully manage their medications. At the same time, you’ll work to build strong relationships with our providers to partner in delivering the best possible care to our members. You’ll be playing a central role in ensuring our members take the right medications at the right times, driving better clinical outcomes through better medication adherence, and helping to build Devoted Health’s overall clinical pharmacy strategy. This is an exciting opportunity to help us build and grow our clinical pharmacy programs and deliver the best possible care to our members!
Attributes to success:
- You are a great clinical pharmacist; you take pride in knowing your medications, their side effects, mechanisms of action, and indications.
- You are deeply empathic and humanistic, and want to go the last mile for your patients.
- You have a passion for making healthcare better, solving complex problems and supporting the delivery of healthcare that we would want for our own family members.
- You're an entrepreneurial self-starter and are action-oriented.
- Agility and collaboration are critical to your success - we are a new organization and have a start-up mentality.
- You understand the barriers to medication adherence and know how to address them.
- You learn from every experience and are not afraid to fail - that's how you're wired.
- You are able to learn new technologies quickly, and use new tools in ways that help make the work more productive.
- You sweat the details and can identify edge cases from a mile away
- Ambiguity doesn’t scare you, it excites you. Bringing order to chaos sparks joy.
- You enjoy a fast-paced, high-energy, growing organization.
- Part of your patient care philosophy is understanding the patient’s cultural influences and background.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Engaging members to perform medication therapy management activities, in particular addressing barriers to medication adherence
- Engaging, collaborating, and building strong partnerships with our providers to improve quality metrics (e.g. HEDIS, Stars)
- Working with pharmacies to ensure timely fulfillment of prescriptions and quality customer service
- Performing comprehensive medication reviews and targeted medication reviews
- Monitoring patients for resolution of drug therapy problems
- Identifying opportunities for, and supporting the implementation of, additional clinical pharmacy programs to improve clinical care and decrease total costs of care
- Building and improving processes around member outreach for pharmacy clinical programs to improve care coordination with other member-facing teams and program scalability
- Participating in interdisciplinary reviews of patients’ care and communicating pertinent patient information to other health care providers when patients change care settings to ensure continuity of care
- Assisting members with addressing barriers to access to medications, especially financial barriers
- Analyzing and reporting medication adherence and MTM outcomes data
- Developing action-oriented plans to change member health outcomes
- Addressing ad hoc pharmacy-related issues raised by Clinical and Service Guides
Skills and experience:
- A pharmacist with either 3 or more years of direct patient-care experience in multiple settings (e.g. retail and ambulatory care setting) or clinical post-graduate training
- Ambulatory care or MTM board certification preferred
- Medicare-experience preferred, particularly with Medicare’s MTM requirements
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary care team
- Fluent in Spanish (required)
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.